US Airways Express EAS markets

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Not that long ago, there were quite a few EAS markets served by carriers that operated as US Express. Before Mesa Air Group closed its Air Midwest operation, the carrier flew to several rural cities in Kansas. (When US had a focus city at MCI in the 90s, there was a bit a connecting market.) Upstate "North Country" New York state also saw US Express service, under a couple of carriers flying EAS contracts, so did a few places in New England.

While most of those places still have EAS service, the contracts has gone to other carriers that are not US Express. Some those airlines have no major carrier affiliation, making it more expensive for passengers to connect. And it's a bit odd for Alaska based Penair to be flying to places like Bar Harbor.

What US Express markets are still EAS ones?

(Of course, US Airways has nothing to do with EAS contracts or what carriers bid on them.)

I'd be curious to see what's left myself... When I worked for YV, that was a looong list. Now?

At any rate, I've always found small city flying much more interesting than the more "glamorous" routes...

Reactions: 1 person
Per Wikipedia, there are only two US-branded EAS markets left, both operated by Colgan Air: Presque Isle, ME-Boston and Plattsburgh, NY-Boston.