US Airways Express flight attendants threaten strike

"US Airways spokeswoman Michelle Mohr said the airline isn't concerned about any possible disruption to flights and that management is negotiating in good faith."

Well that makes everything all better - crisis averted.
You can always take Tempe at their word, they are known for their credibility and especially their tasty Kool-Aid.

good faith? over 2 years in negotiations and the company has only offered concessions. Many f/a's work 20days/month for $16-$18k. Per diem is $1.40. No pay for HOT Reserve and no duty time limits. ie: if you are on 5am reserve and they call you out at noon. They can work you for 16hrs starting at noon. On the road for 5 or 6 days at a time. Just disgusting.

"US Airways spokeswoman Michelle Mohr said the airline isn't concerned about any possible disruption to flights and that management is negotiating in good faith."

Well that makes everything all better - crisis averted.
You can always take Tempe at their word, they are known for their credibility and especially their tasty Kool-Aid.

I like Michele, I've met her a few times. Don't shoot the messenger. We all do what we have to do to feed our families.

+1000 on your observations regarding Trust & Credibility.

Reactions: 1 person
good faith? over 2 years in negotiations and the company has only offered concessions. Many f/a's work 20days/month for $16-$18k. Per diem is $1.40. No pay for HOT Reserve and no duty time limits. ie: if you are on 5am reserve and they call you out at noon. They can work you for 16hrs starting at noon. On the road for 5 or 6 days at a time. Just disgusting.
And yet thousands come to work every day despite these facts. I presume because they know that there are many thousands more people currently not employed by US who would gladly take his/her spot. It's simple economic principles - the price paid is whatever the market will bear. Do you ever go to the grocery store, gas station, or a car lot and say, "I would like to pay more for your products because I think the price you are offering is just too low."?

Likewise, do you think US can just increase their ticket price by 5, 10, or 25% and expect people to pay it, or do you think consumers would reject US ticket prices (or WN, DL, UA, AA for that matter) as being over and above what is considered fair (in comparison to every other airline seat they could chose from)? Supply and demand drive economics not what someone considers "disgusting" even thought they are being compensated per the terms of their labor contract.

And yet thousands come to work every day despite these facts. I presume because they know that there are many thousands more people currently not employed by US who would gladly take his/her spot. It's simple economic principles - the price paid is whatever the market will bear. Do you ever go to the grocery store, gas station, or a car lot and say, "I would like to pay more for your products because I think the price you are offering is just too low."?

Likewise, do you think US can just increase their ticket price by 5, 10, or 25% and expect people to pay it, or do you think consumers would reject US ticket prices (or WN, DL, UA, AA for that matter) as being over and above what is considered fair (in comparison to every other airline seat they could chose from)? Supply and demand drive economics not what someone considers "disgusting" even thought they are being compensated per the terms of their labor contract.

Top Ten Reasons to work at US Airways or US Airways Express
10. I'm a masochist
9. I thrive on turmoil
8. I don't need the money just the flight benefits my Husbad is rich
7. I'm to lazy to look for something better
6. I have low aelf esteem
5. I have even lower expectations
4. I love paying union dues and getting nothing in return
3. My friends work there
2. There's a recession going on
1. I enjoy eating and living Indoors.

Well folks there you have it. Apologies to Mr Letterman[/color]

+1. I know Michelle personally, and she's a darn good egg. US is lucky to have her as a spokesperson. She's only doing her job, which I imagine cannot be an easy one.

I don't how she does it. I can spin a tall story with the best, but man she's building freaking skyscrapers working for US. God bless her, her skills learned at US will serve her well and she climbs the PR ladder.

Reactions: 2 people
They're not threatening to strike. It's just the union taking a vote from the membership in order to see the consensus of striking should it be necessary. Just normal union business.....

It's only a matter of time before a strike happens here... the disgust across all labor groups is palpable.

Why would I apply ar US Airways since I now live near a DL hub up in da great white nort? Do try and keep up :lol:

If there is one thing I do, it's keep up. :rolleyes: And I remember things for a long time.

If you deny you ever applied to US, you're either dishonest now, or you were dishonest then.

But wait, I'm getting redundant.

You and I know I'm telling the truth. :D It was a good while ago , but it did happen.

Latest posts