Us Airways Fills Senior Management Positions,

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways Group, Inc. announced today that it has filled several senior management positions and restructured responsibilities both at US Airways and US Airways Express. These changes will take place between now and the end of January. They include:

Executives

Hey320, Read this from the company Press Release:

Ashby was the lead negotiator in reaching cost savings labor agreements with the company's pilots and flight attendants.

And you wrote this:
USA320Pilot said:
Ashby had the final say on every agreement or proposal. He was in charge of all negotiations.
Regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="237795"][/post]​

Wow, I guess you were wrong once again, but you were right on him taking over marketing.

700UW said:
ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways Group, Inc. announced today that it has filled several senior management positions and restructured responsibilities both at US Airways and US Airways Express. These changes will take place between now and the end of January. They include:

Executives

Hey320, Read this from the company Press Release:
And you wrote this:
Wow, I guess you were wrong once again, but you were right on him taking over marketing.
[post="238469"][/post]​

Wow. Again, not a soul from the outside.

700UW said:
[post="238469"][/post]​

Why wouldn't he take over marketing after all look what he successfully marketed to the pilots and flight attendants.

RowUnderDCA said:
[post="238471"][/post]​
I can't imagine what someone outside the company would find useful about joining a company, not at the eleventh hour, but at 11:59:59.

Then youd be complaining about hiring........ Ashby was alittle more than lead on the talks... in fact a little bird tells me hes on his way up... WAY UP!

Ummm, I do not get how exactly you say 320 was wrong 700UW...?

From what you quoted and what was written in the article, it sounds like 320 was right on both parts.

But do not let the facts get into your way 700uw

Spirit announced BBB as the new prez today too........

www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-112spirit,0,1257094.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Rico do you not understand what the word every means?

He said Asbhy was in charge of EVERY Negotiations, IAM, CWA, TWU, ALPA and AFA, which he was not, only ALPA and AFA.

From the company Press Release:
Ashby was the lead negotiator in reaching cost savings labor agreements with the company's pilots and flight attendants.
Understand now?
Hmm No mention of CWA, IAM and TWU. Read below.

USA320Pilot said:
Ashby was directly involved in every negotiation and he set the terms of each agreement or final proposal.
Regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="237789"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
For the last six months Ashby has lead all of the labor negotiations and this work is now complete. With the Star, United, & regional airline alliance integrations complete, express changes for MDA, PSA, & Allegheny/Piedmont complete, Ashby can now return to his marketing roots.
Regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="237767"][/post]​

Wow...talk about rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. And still no announcement about the $100 million in financing or cost savings required by GE.

EEEESH.... 700, can you please stop asking posters if the "can't understand something?" Reading your posts would be 1000 times more pleasant, without the totally unnecessary insults, especially coming from someone who frequently omits 'understanding' in his or her own posts. For example AGAIN you use faulty logic to somehow 'prove' your point with the stupid Ashby as negotiator issue.

The article that you cite and the excerpt that you cite does NOT refute USA3's claim. You are correct that the article does not support USA3's claim but it manifestly does not refute it. You consistently do this to the point that it seems like you're looking for any excuse to simply through something at somebody without any concern with your own lost credibility as a thinking person.

SO AT LEAST drop the bile.

Here is the story on BBB...happy trails......

1/12/2005
Spirit Airlines Appoints Ben Baldanza President and Chief Operating Officer
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (January 12, 2005) – Spirit Airlines is pleased to announce the appointment of B. Ben Baldanza as President and Chief Operating Officer of the company. He will join Spirit on January 24, 2005.

Baldanza will be directly responsible for the bulk of Spirit's business, including operations, maintenance, sales and marketing.

"During these very challenging times, we are delighted to welcome someone as qualified and talented as Ben Baldanza," said Jacob Schorr, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, to whom Mr. Baldanza will report. "With vast domestic and international experience, he brings an outstanding balance of operational, financial, and marketing expertise. He is well qualified for our domestic and international expansion where we have opened three new routes in less than four months. I am confident that Ben is the ideal person for this position in these incredibly interesting and challenging times, and look forward to welcoming him to our family of employees on January 24th."

"I am excited to join Spirit at such an exciting time in the company's development. While the airline industry is in a massive state of change, Spirit has the cost structure and the fundamentals to ensure stability and growth," said Baldanza.

Baldanza most recently served as Senior Vice President of Marketing and Planning at US Airways. In this position, he was responsible for route planning, scheduling, pricing and revenue management, as well as marketing, sales, cargo, distribution, and US Airways’ international division. Prior to US Airways, Baldanza served as Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer of Grupo Taca, an airline based in El Salvador currently serving 34 cities in 19 countries. Baldanza previously held positions at Continental Airlines, where he was Executive Vice President Marketing, Northwest Airlines, and American Airlines.

Baldanza holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Syracuse University and a Master of Public Affairs, specializing in transportation and economics, from Princeton University

Oh, gee, you are so right 700UW, I guess that he was not involved with those discussions at all, gave no input whatsoever, and is now going to pay for it by being promoted.

Dude,

You need a hobby.

If you have to jump up and down pointing at one company release saying that 320 was way off base, "hahaha". Then you just make yourself look sadder by the moment.

RowUnderDCA said:
[post="238471"][/post]​

Rotate 4 bald tires and wht do you get when you.re done...
(drumroll please)
4 bald tires