US Airways' First Class Gets an Upgrade!

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways' First Class Gets an Upgrade!

TEMPE (US Daily) - Beginning tomorrow Friday, April 1, we are making a series of investments in First Class to attract premium-fare business travelers and to strengthen the product for our frequent flyers.

Here is a snapshot of what customers will enjoy:
– Enhanced menu options
– The mid-day “light-fare” concept is discontinued and replaced with full meals all day, from 5am to 8pm
– An appetizer will be added to enhance our lunch and dinner menus
– Pass-around bread basket for lunch and dinner
– Upgraded desserts
– Upgraded premium wines
– New Stirrings cocktails: Cosmopolitan and Mojitos (also available in the Marketplace menu in Coach)
– More modern tray presentation including a newly designed tray liner and salt and pepper sachets
– Glassware returns to all meal flights (except on E190, B737-300/400)

I sounds like it's almost a return to pre-BK East Level I service without the menu's, tablecloths and cloth napkins with button hole. Previously ordering was front-to-back going South and West and back-to-front ordering East and North, now it's basically flipped.

All in all I hope it's all they claim it to be. The appetizer's used to be really good on transcon's: sliced duck, smoked salmon, beef carpacio, and even faux grois every now and then. I just hope they don't bring back the rubber chicken breast they use to serve on the red-eye and some lunch services!

I sounds like it's almost a return to pre-BK East Level I service without the menu's, tablecloths and cloth napkins with button hole. Previously ordering was front-to-back going South and West and back-to-front ordering East and North, now it's basically flipped.

All in all I hope it's all they claim it to be. The appetizer's used to be really good on transcon's: sliced duck, smoked salmon, beef carpacio, and even faux grois every now and then. I just hope they don't bring back the rubber chicken breast they use to serve on the red-eye and some lunch services!

Never had Faux Grois!

Reactions: 1 person

Anyone remember the nice little Shrimp cocktail that was on the west coast red eyes? A nice tasty simple snack. It was a wonderful treat for me. I think (hope) that US is getting a better handle on who their best customers are and designing a product to retain their loyalty.

This is a positive move and should be applauded by customers.

Anyone remember the nice little Shrimp cocktail that was on the west coast red eyes? A nice tasty simple snack. It was a wonderful treat for me. I think (hope) that US is getting a better handle on who their best customers are and designing a product to retain their loyalty.

This is a positive move and should be applauded by customers.

Yes, I do. They also used to have that as an appetizer for lunch and dinner. My favorite red-eye cold plate snack was the smoke salmon and it was always an ample serving of 4-5 nice slices. I'd usually tell them I wanted it but as close as they could to landing, so it would be de facto breakfast.

Let Debbie put it into perspective for you all. YES they are making the enhancements as noted BUT and here comes the big BUT, the meal window is NOT being expanded to offer what the competition does on flights of shorter stage lengths. Now the kicker, the SNACK BASKET IS GONE on flights of ninety minutes or less. Now our first class passengers who pay TOP DOLLAR on flights around the northeast of an hour and a half or less will get a packet of "tidbits". I'm all for the enhancements but the snack basket was an item that set our first class apart from other carriers. It gave customers an array of items to choose from though it did need freshening up a bit. Well on flights of ninety one minutes and higher the basket will be there (think PHL-FLL-PHL) but will come boarded shrink wrapped. They are being generious though they believe their snack item levels are "on target" and adding four extra bags of chips. So we are to take a full A321 on the above route and have NOTHING to restock the basket for the return flight? The company wants it's customers TRAINED to not expect it. Call the enhancements what you want but the removal of the snack basket is TERRIBLE! ! ! ! Enjoy the upgrades. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 people
Let Debbie put it into perspective for you all. YES they are making the enhancements as noted BUT and here comes the big BUT, the meal window is NOT being expanded to offer what the competition does on flights of shorter stage lengths. Now the kicker, the SNACK BASKET IS GONE on flights of ninety minutes or less. Now our first class passengers who pay TOP DOLLAR on flights around the northeast of an hour and a half or less will get a packet of "tidbits". I'm all for the enhancements but the snack basket was an item that set our first class apart from other carriers. It gave customers an array of items to choose from though it did need freshening up a bit. Well on flights of ninety one minutes and higher the basket will be there (think PHL-FLL-PHL) but will come boarded shrink wrapped. They are being generious though they believe their snack item levels are "on target" and adding four extra bags of chips. So we are to take a full A321 on the above route and have NOTHING to restock the basket for the return flight? The company wants it's customers TRAINED to not expect it. Call the enhancements what you want but the removal of the snack basket is TERRIBLE! ! ! ! Enjoy the upgrades. :rolleyes:

You know, it's a wonder your still single. :rolleyes:

cv

Reactions: 3 people
I like to dine on a lot of different things but one thing I don't like to be fed is a line of BS. I call it like I see it and don't pretend to know what I don't know. A turd is a turd is a turd. As for single.......nope, happy and married. Just not married to this job. Tidbit anyone? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts