Us Airways Flight Center Likely To Move

ClueByFour

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05277/582107.stm

There is a "90 percent chance" that a local US Airways flight center employing hundreds will move to the Phoenix area by May 2007, a union official briefed by the company said yesterday.

Talk of the move, spurred by the recent merger with Tempe, Ariz.-based America West Airlines, already is dampening the post-merger enthusiasm of workers at RIDC Park West in Findlay, where hundreds of dispatchers and schedulers track the movement of planes and crews throughout the country.

Good luck to all potentially impacted. As mentioned later in the article, it would be nice if they would actually tell people whose jobs will be impacted. Here is a group who could have used the severence they gave the execs who tanked the joint...

ClueByFour said:
Here is a group who could have used the severence they gave the execs who tanked the joint...
[post="308526"][/post]​
We live in a twisted world and until anger boils over you will have such in your face disproportionate actions taking place making a few millionaires and most suffering because of it.

It feels good to read this crap from a distance, but it still produces anger in my bones knowing how people walk on other people and justify it without remorse due to their lost souls.

Doggy Parker is another Siegel with a different name face and location, don’t delude yourselves thinking otherwise, it’s not healthy let alone rational.

Disparaging remarks you say, nay. Remarks made thru the eyes of someone who knows the Rush Limbaugh types of, “you too could beâ€￾ are only lies made to themselves so they can live with themselves while others literality die because of it.

There is a "90 percent chance" that a local US Airways flight center employing hundreds will move to the Phoenix area by May 2007, a union official briefed by the company said yesterday.

If it is inevitable, tell us as soon as possible :shock:

New US Airways Chief Executive Officer Doug Parker has been going out of his way to woo the older US Airways workers in Pittsburgh and at other long-time bases. <_<

In a letter to employees this week, he spoke directly to these employees, saying, "I understand that you have been through a lot over the past few years and at times have felt betrayed by management :mf_boff: :mf_boff:

Concerns about more job losses could make Mr. Parker's job more difficult. After all, the dispatchers and schedulers are not the only local employees worried about what could happen next. ;)

Mr. Wright, the union official representing dispatchers, is hoping to get a chance to persuade US Airways management not to move the center out of Pittsburgh. He claims the company once said it would put the control center "wherever they get the best offer.'' :blink: :blink:
deja vu ??
USAir born here will die here... :down:

I'm just curious what purpose Crellin (or whoever sent him) hoped to achieve.

I strongly suspect that 90+% of the folks in RIDC know there's a good likelihood that their jobs will move to Tempe. What they need is something definite - will their job stay in PIT, will they have a place if the job moves to PHX, are they going to be out of a job.

Telling them what they already know, achieve's nothing that I can see.

Unless the intent is just to remind them how uncertain their future is. Rub their noses in it, so to speak.....

Jim

Lets let logic come into play here..

Corporate headquarters will be in Tempe. Maintenance and operations will be in PHX.

So what purpose would it serve to have your OCC in a remote location like PIT?

Now lets let money play into this. Does anyone think that the new US Airways is going to get some kind of deal in PIT? The old US Airways never did so why would it start now?

Bottom line, RIDC park can attract someone else to fill the void so the owners feel no loss. PHX and Tempe want the business so they are going to do whatever it takes to attract it.

Bottom line. If you work at RIDC park and you want to keep your job, sell your house now. Your job is not going to be at RIDC park when the two airline combine. Thats Al C's function.. He is the hammer.. To think otherwise is foolish.

This is not acid or hate or vinegar.. None of the above.. Its reality. CCY will be gone in 6 - 9 mos, INT will be gone in 12 - 18 mos and RIDC will be gone in less than 2 years..

90% is wrong its more like 99.999999%.

justaumechanic said:
Lets let logic come into play here..

This is not acid or hate or vinegar.. None of the above.. Its reality. CCY will be gone in 6 - 9 mos, INT will be gone in 12 - 18 mos and RIDC will be gone in less than 2 years..

90% is wrong its more like 99.999999%.
[post="308628"][/post]​
forgetting base maintenance too guy??
i see hangars staffed by timco....on wing engine facility....fab operated by timco

delldude said:
forgetting base maintenance too guy??
i see hangars staffed by timco....on wing engine facility....fab operated by timco
[post="308641"][/post]​

Well I can't say I disagree with your statement. The post though is about RIDC park! The dreamers keep thinking that its going to stay open. That's why they are called dreamers.

I have been saying for months the hangars are doomed. 700UW says otherwise. I don't agree.. Even if DP and his band decide to honor the IAM contract, which I don't think they will, the chance of the PIT hangars staying open are close to zero. The CLT hangar is sorely under utilized and the 737 lines are being dropped as aircraft are disposed of. So if they honor the contract there is nothing stopping them from moving it all to CLT and closing down all of PIT and staying with the 10 gates they agreed to lease and nothing else..

All it takes is the word "Go" from DP and Al and his team will be in to mop up.

justaumechanic said:
Well I can't say I disagree with your statement. The post though is about RIDC park! The dreamers keep thinking that its going to stay open. That's why they are called dreamers.

I have been saying for months the hangars are doomed. 700UW says otherwise. I don't agree.. Even if DP and his band decide to honor the IAM contract, which I don't think they will, the chance of the PIT hangars staying open are close to zero. The CLT hangar is sorely under utilized and the 737 lines are being dropped as aircraft are disposed of. So if they honor the contract there is nothing stopping them from moving it all to CLT and closing down all of PIT and staying with the 10 gates they agreed to lease and nothing else..

All it takes is the word "Go" from DP and Al and his team will be in to mop up.
[post="308671"][/post]​
I gree.

And you have to keep something else in mind..

Thanksgiving is coming.. Thats the traditional time of year when US Airways inserts it into the unions!!

Think TPA..

Hey PIT, remember TPA.. Came to work one day and there's a guard standing at the door, "Want something?" Ah yeah, I work here.. "NO, NO YOU DON'T, NOT ANYMORE, HERE IS A NUMBER TO CALL"..

And the IAM did what? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No job action, no nothing.. Our President in PIT said "Hey Guys, don't worry about Tampa, no big deal, we just don't want that to happen to us so work harder"..

OK FRANK..

I talked to Don Wright last week during the Day One celebrations in LGA. Don knew then that Dispatch and RIDC would likely move. Don indicated that Doug Parker is a "hands on" manager and wants the Operation Control Center (OCC) and other management functions to be co-located at the corporate headquarters.

In regard to Operations and the Flight Department, Al Crellin has moved his office to Tempe and Ed Bular is in Tempe for three days per week and in Pittsburgh at RIDC two days per week.

The OCC/RIDC office complex move(s) are part of the $370 million in annual savings promised to the investors along with the Transition Agreement(s) and other facility consolidations.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

It all has to combine into one facility.
PIT is dead, get over it. Allegheny is no more.
What is being done should have been done years ago but Colodny and Schofield didn't have the balls.
This is not a western PA airline, it is a global airline.
RIDC and maint have to be in the hub(s).
PHL is totally unacceptable as proven by their recent actions, that leaves CLT and PHX- guess what?...

99% of the time I disagree with anything you post..

This time however I am 100% with you..

The poster that said "PIT is Dead, get over it" is right on the money.

USA320Pilot said:
I talked to Don Wright last week during the Day One celebrations in LGA. Don knew then that Dispatch and RIDC would likely move. Don indicated that Doug Parker is a "hands on" manager and wants the Operation Control Center (OCC) and other management functions to be co-located at the corporate headquarters.

In regard to Operations and the Flight Department, Al Crellin has moved his office to Tempe and Ed Bular is in Tempe for three days per week and in Pittsburgh at RIDC two days per week.

The OCC/RIDC office complex move(s) are part of the $370 million in annual savings promised to the investors along with the Transition Agreement(s) and other facility consolidations.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="308708"][/post]​