US Airways Now Looking to Upgrade Piedmont

WSurf

Senior
Dec 12, 2002
US Airways, having completed its deal for 92 new Airbus aircraft (ATWOnline, June 19), now will turn its attention to replacing the fleet of wholly owned regional subsidiary Piedmont Airlines. "A year we ago we announced we were looking at replacement [for the Piedmont fleet] but we redirected our attention to a larger order for the mainline," a US Airways spokesperson told ATWOnline. "Now that the mainline order is out, we will focus our attention on Piedmont." The regional, based in Salisbury, Md., currently operates a fleet of 56 Dash 8s. The spokesperson said that there are advantages to having an all-turboprop fleet for short-haul operations in the busy Northeast Corridor but that no decision has been made on aircraft type.

by Sandra Arnoult

http://www.atwonline.com/news/other....e=7%2F2%2F2007

Its about time. Piedmont could dominate the short haul point-to-point medium/small hub markets and feeder markets in the northeast and mid-Atlantic with a fleet of 60+ Dash-8-300's and 400's. Hopefully, this will happen. Good news for Piedmont and a work force who has no idea what the future holds for/at Piedmont.

Its about time. Piedmont could dominate the short haul point-to-point medium/small hub markets and feeder markets in the northeast and mid-Atlantic with a fleet of 60+ Dash-8-300's and 400's. Hopefully, this will happen. Good news for Piedmont and a work force who has no idea what the future holds for/at Piedmont.

Hope it's good news for you guys!

A320 Driver B)

The Company has informally approached ALPA about Q-400 scope relief, but the JNC talks are being held hostage by the US Airways and America West seniority integration.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Maybe Piedmont should be able to staff the a/c they have on property first. Last month they cancelled 12% of flights. They are short pilots, and they are flying those pilots to death - oh yeah, one had a heart attack recently.... Oh, and they parked 2 a/c for lack of crew, and, they are parking 1 more Aug 1 for lack of pilot coverage.

Who is running the show in SBY? They need to hire more pilots first to cover the a/c they have!!!! I'm glad I don't commute on them.....commuters on Piedmont, watch out, flights are canceling!

Maybe Piedmont should be able to staff the a/c they have on property first. Last month they cancelled 12% of flights. They are short pilots, and they are flying those pilots to death - oh yeah, one had a heart attack recently.... Oh, and they parked 2 a/c for lack of crew, and, they are parking 1 more Aug 1 for lack of pilot coverage.

Who is running the show in SBY? They need to hire more pilots first to cover the a/c they have!!!! I'm glad I don't commute on them.....commuters on Piedmont, watch out, flights are canceling!

First off no pilot had a heart attack! Second, nobody runs the show in SBY! If they did we would get more down! Remember US Airways (Tempe) runs our show!
Third, We are short pilots because nobody wants to come here and fly 20 year old birds that have a 6 year upgrade!
No Growth means no upgrade..... means no pilots want to come here!
Do some research first and use some common sense before you type!

I can't find the article right now, but there was one a few weeks ago saying US issued an RFP to Aerospatiale and DeHavilland for the AT7 and DH4, respectively. Maybe someone else has more info on this.

The Company has informally approached ALPA about Q-400 scope relief, but the JNC talks are being held hostage by the US Airways and America West seniority integration.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
This contract article is something that ALPA needs open back up if company wants to talk "scope relief" give express props like they should be.
Jets flown by mine line.. ALPA has already “scope relief” a lot of employees out of a job.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
And this goes on while Colgan may operate as many as 45 Q400s under the Continential Connection colors.