Us Airways Philippines Connection?

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Internet: www.avstar-ph.com

Avstar International Named General Sales Agent for US Airways;
Provides Expanded Sales Reach In The Philippines

MANILA - AvStar International has been tapped by US Airways as its General Sales Agent in the Philippines.

Mr. Jonathan Newman –Market Manager – Offline Sales of US Airways made the announcement to the travel trade and media during an official launch party here at the Westin Philippine Plaza Hotel.

US Airways is the United States’s seventh-largest airline, serving nearly 200 destinations in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and the US Airways Express partner carriers operate over 3,300 flights per day.

AvStar International provides General Sales Agency (GSA) services to a select group of non-competitive travel industry accounts in the Philippines and is a joint venture between AvStar International, Inc. of Los Angeles and a group of leading Philippine businessmen, headed by Mr. Mariano Cacho, Jr.

AvStar International’s Manila office is located at G/F Heart Tower Condominium, 108 Valero Street, Sacedo Village, Makati City, Philippines 1200.

The company’s new telephone number is (632) 812-1978 or (632) 817-4797 or via fax at (632) 815-6392.

------
Hmmmm....

EyeInTheSky said:
Hmmm as in this is an offshore call center. Here we go...
I think USairways already has 20 or so GSA offices. Doesn't really have anything to do with the reservations centers. Kind of farming out the work of a CTO I think, but without the costs of staffing one in various parts of the world, like australia etc....

EightySix said:
EyeInTheSky said:
Hmmm as in this is an offshore call center. Here we go...
I think USairways already has 20 or so GSA offices. Doesn't really have anything to do with the reservations centers. Kind of farming out the work of a CTO I think, but without the costs of staffing one in various parts of the world, like australia etc....
EightySix, could be. However, with a little background checking this company does indeed have a call center. Let's hope US Airways isn't about to farm out rez agent work to much lower paid Philippino workers.

EyeInTheSky said:
EightySix said:
EyeInTheSky said:
Hmmm as in this is an offshore call center.  Here we go...
EightySix, could be. However, with a little background checking this company does indeed have a call center. Let's hope US Airways isn't about to farm out rez agent work to much lower paid Philippino workers.
nobody would understand them :lol: :lol:

PR is a close partner with LH and LH is courting them to become a STAR memeber. PR has now a new route into LAS via YVR. They might be looking to expand their service! STAR has no route to the Philippines from the US. Since U is to become a full partner this year it could look like theyare gearing up for that.

But the thought of outsourcing Res is not to faar away neither. Many US companies are utelizing call centers in India and South Africa, so maybe now the Philippines. I think PR closed the US call center and moved it to Manila.

etops1 said:
nobody would understand them :lol: :lol:
Etops1, does it really matter? Have you ever been to an Asian massage palor? As long as they say, "Fank yu far bizness, we make special haappy ending far yu at Roo S Arwaze." :p

P.S. Nice to see "Bruce" as your avatar.

Honestly, are these racist comments necessary? I can assure you that they speak far better English than you do Tagalog.

Furthermore, they're getting training in such places on how to speak English well enough that you won't be able to tell the difference. Yet the jobs will leave the US just the same.

mweiss said:
Honestly, are these racist comments necessary? I can assure you that they speak far better English than you do Tagalog.

Furthermore, they're getting training in such places on how to speak English well enough that you won't be able to tell the difference. Yet the jobs will leave the US just the same.
ahh............ its called a joke. lighten up. <_<

mweiss said:

(edited by Eye because I don't want to get sent to the cornfield) It's a joke mWEISS, easy there.

ringmaruf said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one that calls res and can tell if the agent is in INT or PIT. :p
Well I sure didn't want to give you the impression that they are already there. But it's coming.

mweiss, the fact that you say "it is coming" is a sad commentary on business ethics and what's best for our country. There will come a day when everyone looks back on this offshore outsourcing and realize what a huge mistake it was. Until then just watch as our society fumbles along too stupid and too cheap to care until its too late. Today's outsourcing might just only be reservations agents and doctors - but tomorrow it will be lawyers and CEO's with degrees and MBA's from the University of Calcutta. What goes around comes around in the business world so be afraid, be very afraid.

mweiss said:
Really? Dell liked it so much, they are bringing calls back into the United States. As is Morgan Stanley.

If US startes moving calls to the Phillipines, I probably won't do business with them. I simply don't have the time to worry about communication breakdowns when I'm trying to obatain customer service. Delta has the problem in spades thanks to their offshore call centers.