US Airways Pilots: Dave Is Counting On You!

Pacemaker

Senior
Sep 3, 2002
Keep up the great work guys & gals!
On-Time% Completion%
01/28 87.7% 99.4%
01/29 62.1% 97.8%
01/30 82.0% 99.2%
Dave files to terminate pension
02/02 87.8% 100.0%
02/03 94.3% 99.6%
02/04 92.0% 99.9%

8.gif'']

I don't understand the "sad faces"..are you saying the recent stats are worse after the filing 'cuz I don't see that..or are you just frowning in general? What fraction of those stats are directly attributed to the pilots, and not cus svc??

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/5/2003 8:29:45 PM Biffeman wrote:

I think he or she is trying to tell ALPA to go on a slowdown.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I think you're right Biffeman.

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]
coulda woulda shoulda fooled me..I guess sarcasm needs to be painted with a more specific brush sometimes.

Nothing sinister or illegal intended, just an observation that amidst all the "burn it to the ground" rhetoric it's still business as usual out on the line.

As for these
8.gif'] what do you expect given the current situation

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/5/2003 10:23:24 PM Pacemaker wrote:

As for these [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/8.gif'] what do you expect given the current situation?
----------------
[/blockquote]
I always believed the emoticons are related to or representative of the associated text, not extrapolated from other sentiments unrelated to the topic.
They didn't make sense in conjunction with the numbers posting, hence the confusion.

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Biffe

Your mind is working overtime, and not getting paid!

Just wondering, if you are the so called union man you profess to be. Why on your comments do you seem to be leaning towards being a SCAB? You won't support the pilots, it appears you will cross a picket line. That is clearly a "DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO".

BIFFE WHAT'S THE 1992 THING?

You single out the pilots, yet all unions were at their jobs during the strike. Did the ALPA pilots answer the Reservation center calls? How about the loading the baggage? I supposed the pilots did that too. What about the gates? Did the pilots pull tickets and rebook canceled flights? Did they run the dispatch office as well? Then they also did your jobs as well>

Hell, if they are the SUPERMAN types then they need to be paid a greater wage and should have a PENSION as well.

What do you think BIFFE??????????????

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 4:55:51 AM BottomFeeder wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Biffe

Just wondering, if you are the so called union man you profess to be. Why on your comments do you seem to be leaning towards being a SCAB? You won't support the pilots, it appears you will cross a picket line. That is clearly a "DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO".

You single out the pilots, yet all unions were at their jobs during the strike. Did the ALPA pilots answer the Reservation center calls? How about the loading the baggage? I supposed the pilots did that too. What about the gates? Did the pilots pull tickets and rebook canceled flights? Did they run the dispatch office as well? Then they also did your jobs as well>

Hell, if they are the SUPERMAN types then they need to be paid a greater wage and should have a PENSION as well.

----------------
[/blockquote]
First of all the pilots cant and wont strike, I wont support them, but I will never ever cross a picket line. Once again you show your ignorance, the only other major union groups on the property at the time were ALPA and AFA, AFA supported the IAM and US Air had to go to court and get an injuction to stop AFA and order them back to work, ALPA on the other hand made a deal with the company that all pilots regardless if they flew or not would get paid. The company grounded all the fokkers and douglas/Mcdonald aircraft and all those pilots who did not fly got paid.

Ramp and Customer service agents at the time were non-union, employees at will and had to go to work.
So once again, get the facts before you post. I will take the position of my IAM elected leadership.

And I cant be a scab, because I won't fly an airplane, even if I could I would not, I am not like them, I won't line my pockets with money off the backs of someone else.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 6:21:05 AM Biffeman wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Biffe

----------------
[/blockquote]
First of all the pilots cant and wont strike, I wont support them, but I will never ever cross a picket line. Once again you show your ignorance, the only other major union groups on the property at the time were ALPA and AFA, AFA supported the IAM and US Air had to go to court and get an injuction to stop AFA and order them back to work, ALPA on the other hand made a deal with the company that all pilots regardless if they flew or not would get paid. The company grounded all the fokkers and douglas/Mcdonald aircraft and all those pilots who did not fly got paid.

Ramp and Customer service agents at the time were non-union, employees at will and had to go to work.
So once again, get the facts before you post. I will take the position of my IAM elected leadership.

And I cant be a scab, because I won't fly an airplane, even if I could I would not, I am not like them, I won't line my pockets with money off the backs of someone else.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I remeber a group of us in full uniform standing at the top of the escalators with the IAM. It was a sight to "behold".

And today, we still DO NOT have a "no strike sympathizing"clause.
[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/5.gif'] [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/16.gif']

bottomfeeder-[ .

----------------
if you really wish to learn the secret of ninety two...meet me at concourse b in PIT at hotlicks at seven o'clock sunday.i'll be wearing a us airways mechanics uniform with a pink handkerchief in my right rear pocket.approach me from the south east.ask me for the time of day....i will ask you whats the best selling beer in pittsburgh...[img

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 6:21:05 AM Biffeman wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Biffe

----------------
[/blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote]

Biff how many airplanes and property did you destroy in 92? If you cross then you are a SCAB, your rules. Maybe a handful of pilots cleaned airplanes, first I heard about that but I will give you that. We get paid once again so what we just took a cut. I should strike so a cleaner can make 70k and a mechanic stays on the tug. Like I said, if it comes to a strike we do not need anyone to help us . So if you get paid I guess your just like us pilots , right? You really have this thing about pilots dont you. I bet we will not destroy one piece of property either like the thugs of 92. Were you a thug?