US Airways Reaches Final Transition Agreement With Airline Customer Service Employee Association

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways Reaches Final Transition Agreement With Airline Customer Service Employee Association
Thursday June 1, 7:10 pm ET

TEMPE, Ariz., June 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE: LCC - News) has reached a final transition agreement with the Airline Customer Service Employee Association, an alliance between the Communication Workers of America (CWA) and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), the two unions that represent the airline's 7,700 passengers service employees and reservations agents.

"We continue to move forward as we complete another important step in the integration process. The CWA and IBT should be commended for their resolve to reach an equitable agreement," said US Airways President and CEO Doug Parker. "Our passenger service employees and reservation agents represent the largest customer facing employee group and this agreement will allow us to focus our collective efforts to providing a seamless product to our customers."

The previously announced interim transition agreement (December 6, 2005) provided that America West employees would transition to the current US Airways agreement and spelled out the transition of pay. The final transition agreement provides effective dates and details of what provisions will become effective when former America West employees transition to the existing US Airways contract. The agreements also contain certain seniority protocols which will be carried out by the union. The seniority lists will be integrated once the company merges the two workforces which is expected in the first quarter of 2007.

US Airways and America West's recent merger creates the fifth largest domestic airline employing approximately 35,000 aviation professionals. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express operate approximately 3,800 flights per day and serve more than 230 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. This press release and additional information on US Airways can be found at www.usairways.com. (LCCG)

Any comments on this yet? The memo was not very clear. I can see we are losing our 401K match and still have to wait 2 years to make the same money as the East agents.

Any comments on this yet? The memo was not very clear. I can see we are losing our 401K match and still have to wait 2 years to make the same money as the East agents.
there is more bad than good....makes one wonder what got negotiated....we did not-if I am reading coreectly-get unlimited trades....dont really understand why...trying to read the contract and what the changes mean without any guidance is frustrating to say the least...I voted IBT and am now being told I will report to CWA local....no answers to why...? We are being told we will be working east flights sooner than later...yet will not being making the CWA pay rate until 2008???? Supposedly we will now be part of CWA pension---no detail though...? Anyone have any??

there is more bad than good....makes one wonder what got negotiated....we did not-if I am reading coreectly-get unlimited trades....dont really understand why...trying to read the contract and what the changes mean without any guidance is frustrating to say the least...I voted IBT and am now being told I will report to CWA local....no answers to why...? We are being told we will be working east flights sooner than later...yet will not being making the CWA pay rate until 2008???? Supposedly we will now be part of CWA pension---no detail though...? Anyone have any??
here is copy of agreement....http://files.cwa-union.org/CwaNet/060601_Transition.pdf

final agreement[/url] click on link above or type it in...i believe it will be in adobe acrobat format....it is the final agreement that was signed off....should answer ur questions...the interim agreement that was signed off a couple of months ago spells out salaries..that did not change...

Latest posts