US Airways 'Second Heritage' Plane Unveilings...

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
US Airways ‘Heritage’ Plane Unveilings….

Approximate dates these aircraft are due out of the paint shop:

The other retro A319s will be:

PSA - March 27th
- A319-112 c/n 1275 with reg. N742US
- operated by US Airways

newus-sanad092705.jpg

ALLEGHENY - April 10th
- A319-112 c/n 1289 with reg. N745UW
- operated by US Airways

PIEDMONT - April 27th
- A319-112 c/n 1287 with reg. N744US
- operated by US Airways

Many years back the employee group suggested a recognition of the merged airlines (PSA, PI,) in an effort to help boost the morale of the various airline alumni. The intent of this program was to bring all the various airline employees into the(then)USAIR family.
In usual fashion, the all-knowing management dolts dismissed the notion outright. The reason was that they wanted to bury the past history of the combined company! "We are USAIR....NOT PSA or Piedmont." I guess they learned that at the idiocy-branches of Wharton and MIT <_< .

What Doug Parker's management team is doing with all the retro-liveries is nothing short of fabulous!! As an ex-PI / US employee, it warms my heart with memories to see these color schemes alive once again. I hope they keep these colors flying for the life of the carrier itself.

Changes in the airline industry are inevitable. However, by allowing the spirit of the merged carriers to live on, AWA Management has planted the seeds of collective pride in the new U-S Airways.There just might be hope for U-S Airways after all ;)

Kudos to the mastermind behind the retro-livery program :up:

Good luck to all my airline friends, from this former 17+ years - mechanic!!

Impressive. :up: That's my favorite of all the heritage plane paint schemes. Just something about the smile. :up: :up: