Us Airways Service To Miami

CLT-Douglas

Advanced
Feb 12, 2003
I am just curious after the 757 was reconfigured for leisure destinations, which it uses for several Florida markets including FLL. Why then was it pulled from MIA after the code share with United started and now after US Airways joined STAR Alliance? Last year, and in years past it was mainly 757 service, and at one time I remember flying CLT-MIA on a 767, and today it is strictly 737's down to MIA.

Also, when does US Airways plan on moving from terminal H in MIA, closer to other STAR members and United? Or will they stay where they are and STAR members and United move closer to terminal H?

If first class is what they are looking at, then I wonder why they didn't replace the 757 with A321's instead of 737's. I know US has heavy loads down to MIA, atleast they do every time I fly the route, but I wonder if American is maybe getting some of what was once US Airways passengers from it's hubs?

Maybe it has to do with being summer, and I presume MIA travel peaks in the winter? Maybe larger aircraft return December?

I did notice that MIA-PIT, which has been at 1 flight/day for quite awhile, is upgraded to 2 flights/day on Saturdays only beginning today.