US Airways Sued in PHL

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Article

They say the airline at Philadelphia International Airport assigned black workers to smaller terminals or flights with more black passengers.

Seriously? Can someone tell me where that list is in QIK?
And assigned to "smaller terminals". Is that A/B/C or F? Either the paper is missing a big chunk of translation or these guys dont have a clue.

Article

They say the airline at Philadelphia International Airport assigned black workers to smaller terminals or flights with more black passengers.

And assigned to "smaller terminals". Is that A/B/C or F? Either the paper is missing a big chunk of translation or these guys dont have a clue.

Well one could argue that the entire airline is a hostile work environment.

My guess is "Smaller Terminals really means smaller aircraft or IOW the F'ed Terminal where for as long as I can recall seemed to have an inordinately high percentage of black folks working the gates oft time to southern cities which tend to have more black people.

Some lawyer working on a contingency basis is swinging for the fence with a suit against a multi billion dollar company

A US Airways employee can't be 'assigned' anything in the F Terminal seeing as ground operations in F are handled by Piedmont Airlines, a separate company and group of employees.

handled by Piedmont Airlines, a separate company and group of employees.

That hasn't stopped lawyers from suing any and everyone with deep pockets that's somehow connected with the complaint - just look at the suits that follow any airline crash. Since Piedmont is 100% owned by US, there's definitely a connection between the two.

Jim

Fired for a small security breach, maybe like letting someone constantly piggy backing through secured areas? Or maybe taking carryons through access doors, so friend of agent can pickup without bag going through security, or maybe in F terminal, leaving ramp door opened and unattended, letting anyone through at any time? Ya small breaches. Who knows.......BS lawsuit.

I'm sure someone from PDT can speak up, but I thought the agents bid on shifts and flights? Or maybe what gate to work or? As far as F terminal in PHL.....I would hazard a guess, through the mid 2000's anyone there could have been fired for cause, towards the end it seemed to get better, and haven't been back there in awhile, so don't know how it runs now...

Fired for a small security breach, maybe like letting someone constantly piggy backing through secured areas? Or maybe taking carryons through access doors, so friend of agent can pickup without bag going through security, or maybe in F terminal, leaving ramp door opened and unattended, letting anyone through at any time? Ya small breaches. Who knows.......BS lawsuit.

I'm sure someone from PDT can speak up, but I thought the agents bid on shifts and flights? Or maybe what gate to work or? As far as F terminal in PHL.....I would hazard a guess, through the mid 2000's anyone there could have been fired for cause, towards the end it seemed to get better, and haven't been back there in awhile, so don't know how it runs now...
Bunch of malcontents who want 20 yr seniority while being on the job 6 mos. a bunch of cry babies. F terminal is express.A group of hoods who have NO interpersonal skills. Enough said.

Article

naacp and workers are fishing for money,anything to get out of work and earning a paycheck.

Does the pilot call ahead and say we have x amount of black people on board, so we need some black ramp agents to off load their luggage and some black gate agents drive the jetbridge and lend any other assistance? So now if the case does go to court US must decide if it's cheaper to settle or fight it....I bet ya Judge Judy could figure this out in fifteen minutes...

OK, after reading the news story, I'd have to vote on clueless. Maybe they didnt know that they worked for Piedmont and not US Airways if they were working in F? I was also under the impression (at least at one time) that the gate positions in PHL were bid positions. Has this changed?

That hasn't stopped lawyers from suing any and everyone with deep pockets that's somehow connected with the complaint - just look at the suits that follow any airline crash. Since Piedmont is 100% owned by US, there's definitely a connection between the two.

Jim

Right, but an employee cannot be transferred between the two. They work for one or the other.

Are any white people offended being labeled in the King of Prussia grouping? I see a lawsuit happening. Will NAACP back that one?

This is such bull...if you are hired by express you cannot work in terminal A or B or C...if you wanted to work there you should have applied to mainline.....as far as being transfered between A,B and C you have to put in a transfer to move between domestic and Intl....or the company can transfer you BY SENORITY where there is a shortage...I'm so tired of people working harder at not working than just getting a job and doing right....the area you work in has nothing to do with your ethnicity

It seems there are NO "African American " Lawyers with the firm Mildenberg and Stalbaum....
Interesting! They must be a new firm because their history page is "Under Construction"