US Airways System Wide F/A Seniority List Effective July 2007

Skyward

Sep 14, 2006
I noticed that an updated US Airways System Wide F/A Seniority List is posted on the Hub.

The Seniority Dates appear to be chronological until Seniority Number 7039. I am surmising that this is where the various furloughs commence.

Would anyone be willing to explain the list and types of furlough in a little more detail, either here or privately?

Thank you in advance.

I noticed that an updated US Airways System Wide F/A Seniority List is posted on the Hub.

The Seniority Dates appear to be chronological until Seniority Number 7039. I am surmising that this is where the various furloughs commence.

Would anyone be willing to explain the list and types of furlough in a little more detail, either here or privately?

Thank you in advance.
I recognize dozens of names below 7039 that have quit, so I'm not sure if it is a combination of furloughees and people who have left, or just those who have very recently left within the past year.

Those are the F/A's that are in one of the 'Voluntary Furlough/Limited Recall' programs. Technically they're on the seniority list, but should they come back to work, they will have their system seniority date adjusted at that time.

Thank you in advance.

Good God the number 1 girl has 50 years of seniority!!!!!! Does the company make you jump down the slides every year during training?

Recurrent training is a multiple choice test you would have to be a downright moron to fail, followed by opening doors in emergency mode on every plane you are qualified on. The instructors are rushed and bullied by our F/As who act very put out to have to attend one day of training a year.

Apparently every one of our F/As could throw open a widebody door, don a PBE and fight a fire, be a raft commander etc...

As for confusion with the list (which I haven't looked at yet) it probably is VFLRs who are now tacked to the bottom as they can technically return as a new hire after everyone else has returned (this was so they could be shown as furloughed and recieve unemployment). Don't count them, they are gone.

Where is America West's seniority list? Seems ours is available for all to see, where can we see thiers?

One of my very good friends is definately gone yet on that list. It's not accurate.

Travel,

Is it possible that your friends left recently and that is why they still appear on the list?

I guess we should all keep in mind that it is inflight after all that's putting out the list. They can't even address the seemingly simple issues we're all dealing with on line why should we assume they could do something as easy as putting out an accurate list. My guess is someone just used the last list posted and didn't bother to really, truly ensure it's accuracy. Shocking isn't it? :shock: :rolleyes:

I do not get this list at all because I know quite a few people who are on the list after 7039 that are gone for good. Then there are two people who are friends and just senior to me who are for all intents and purposes gone. They have the understanding that when they signed the limited recall agreement they knew if they came back, they would have no seniority. So I do not get why they are still on the list. I would think those people would be after 7039 at this point. They have not worked since just after 9/11.

My friend is in the 97 classes and is definately NOT comming back. Gone, gone, gone. The list is botched just like everything else around here. Yeah, I wanna see the west list. Cough it up.... ;) Seriously, do you guys have a posted list?

Yeah, I wanna see the west list. Cough it up.... ;) Seriously, do you guys have a posted list?
My thoughts exactly. If my name, payroll number and DOH are on there for all the world to see then put up a West list too. Why is it just the Easties are "featured"?????

I thought the same thing. Then I looked at where the HP'ers would sit in the list, and that's a lot of folks on top of them.
We westies have begged for a list, but to no avail. I guess our MEC doesn't want the group to freak.
Our number 1 F/A fits in at 1747, and I think there are only a dozen or so in the first AWA class, hired June, 1983.