US Airways 'Third Heritage' Plane Unveilings...

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
US Airways ‘Third Heritage’ Plane Unveilings….

This aircraft is now out of the paint shop:

ALLEGHENY - April 10th
- A319-112 c/n 1289 with new reg. N745VJ
- operated by US Airways

Formerly N745UW, the Allegheny Heritage Jet was delivered to Charlotte during the night of April 9, 2006. It is seen here on its maiden flight in Allegheny colors, departing to Jacksonville FL on flight US 1242.

Click me: Please visit the US Airways Allegheny Retro Livery (pictures)

It does not look exactly the same you are right. As I have read it would have looked better on a 737 however, those are being phased out.

I still like the fact that they honored the name of Allegheny.

Too bad they could not do an All Ameican Airways livery since that was the birth name of US Airways.

N745VJ_10APR06CLTtemp.jpg.83956.jpg

I was looking forward to this one, because I thought the old Allegheny scheme was the most cool..... but this isn't quite right is it? I guess it's still cool, except for the woefully diminised logo. hmmmmm why did they stray so far from the original?

I am happy that at least they have a heritage plane for Allegheny! Even though it doesnt look as good as I thought it would. I wish they would do a Mohawk one and an All American Airways as well as Lake Central

i just received an e-mail from tempe that they know about the logo on the tail and it will be fixed . aslo the smile on the psa bird will be widened.

Question?

I understand the "VJ" in the registration was because the plane being called "vista jet?" Was Vista Jet a salesmark from the old allegheny?

I believe they used to call the DC9s Vistajets. Did they use WhisperJet too or am I thinking of another airline?

I like the idea of naming aircraft... Vistajet, Grinningbird, Smiliner, Pacemaker. I like the idea of calling them Flagships too, and then add a city, like an A330 called Flagship Charlotte, Flagship Philadelphia, Flagship Phoenix....

It's an inexpensive move that garners goodwill and sentiment towards the airline. Look at the reaction to the Heritage schemes. There are other aviation geek websites where people are tracking the constant wherabouts of the PSA Heritage jet.

Actually these newer photos posted just above don't look so bad.

If they really are going to redo the logo on the tail I wonder how long that would take the paint shop? Means to take the bird out of service again.

I can't imagine the smile on the PSA bird to take long at all. That could easily be performed on a RON.

Question?

I understand the "VJ" in the registration was because the plane being called "vista jet?" Was Vista Jet a salesmark from the old allegheny?

It sure was! AL's original DC-9s were all branded as "Vistajets". You didn't notice the "Vistajet" markings under the cockpit window in the pictures of this new retrojet?

Many of the then-Local Service carriers named their new DC-9s (or BAC-111s in the case of Mohawk; 727-100s for Frontier, Pacific, and Piedmont) when they were first delivered in the 1965-67 timeframe.
Besides "Vistajet" we had "Pamper Jet" (Trans-Texas), 'Funjet" (Bonanza), "Arrow-Jet" (Frontier), among others.
For all of these smaller airlines the acquisition of 'real' jet aircraft (as opposed to "jet-prop") was a HUGE step up, and they were proudly advertised.