US Airways to bring in contractors!

Warchant

Mar 22, 2007
las
Word from the AOG Desk is that the brain trust over at crystal palace want to bring in contractors to fill the empty mechanic slots in PHX. US Airways pays so well, why can't they find anyone? :lol:

That was with the airbus, it went to court, the IAM won, then overturned on appeal, went to arbitration where the IAM won, which is precedent setting.

They could try, but it would violate the status quo and could be grounds for a strike.

But line mtc work at mtc stations is CBA scope covered work, the IAM would go to court immediatly and you would see line mechanics probably react in a negative way to the violation.

There is no need to strike, Sceptre is disrupting things enough as it is! What parts that we have, that use to take a few minutes to get now take hours and sometimes days, what use to take 1 step in Merlin takes at least 5 or more in Sceptre! And the company can't figure out why their performance is so bad!! How about upgrading your 1970's computer program, thats right they might have to spend money on something and that would take away from Dougweiser and the gangs bonus money!! :shock:

They could try, but it would violate the status quo and could be grounds for a strike.

But line mtc work at mtc stations is CBA scope covered work, the IAM would go to court immediatly and you would see line mechanics probably react in a negative way to the violation.

The IAM strike. :lol:

They are already a scab union.

They knowingly performed struck work (AMFA Scope Work) at NWA and encouraged it.

AMEN brother, the IAM wil NEVER strike or support a strike. The days of taking a stand for labor i.e. EAL v. Perterpaul are over for the IAM. The leadership does not have the will or desire.

Yes, you don't have to worry about the IAM going out on strike...never happen!!! Just thinking about all those dues they would be losing would have them scared...not to mention they could get sued. And let us not forget the mighty "strike fund", hate to break into that after the first week.!!!!

Been a few months since an AGC has come to visit us, only time they come around is when the word "teamster" is mentioned. Last time they were in town we were told they would be making that a monthly thing, to keep the members informed!! Where are they now? :down: All everyone is doing is waiting for the arbitrators decision to come down.

I'm sure somewhere in that POS that is called a contract there is something with regards to being able to farm out, or "in" for this instance any work that after the company make all efforts to accomplish but is unable due manpower, they can bring in the workers. We do that now with the majority of fuel tank work.Probably the only action you will see from the IAM is a way to collect dues from them. I believe NWA is thinking about ding the same, contracting out some line checks in their own hangars.

Don't look for the I AM MANAGEMENT to do anything. They encourage the company to "outsource" work for their members. Also I do not think that the word strike is in the I AM MANAGEMENT vocabulary or constitution. Anything to help the company out...that's the I AM MANAGEMENT'S motto! :lol:

Wrong,

That is why they won the Airbus Arbitration.

And it took a bankruptcy judge and two chapter 11 filings to allow outsourcing in maintenance.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Wrong,

That is why they won the Airbus Arbitration.

And it took a bankruptcy judge and two chapter 11 filings to allow outsourcing in maintenance.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

O.K. Whatever you say 700. I guess we will wait and see if the I AM MANAGEMENT fights for M & R in PHX. IMO I doubt it.