US Airways to lay off 471 pilots - 915 attendants, daily flights also facing cutbacks

What some of you fail to realize is this is exactly the kind of stuff that happens in bankruptcy. Remember way back several months when myself, and many others, were saying do everything possible to avoid bankruptcy? That's why. You lose total control over the company in bankruptcy. Siegel is not calling the shots here, ladies and gentlemen. The creditor's committee and the bankruptcy judge are calling the shots, along with the ATSB. To blame Siegel for having to get more cost cuts is ludicrous. He has no control over the continual decline in the industry revenue picture. But because US is STILL in bankruptcy, he must acquiesce to the parties that are running the show. Until US gets that ATSB loan, they'll have to continue to rationalize and massage their numbers to achieve that magical 7% profit margin down the road several years. That is what is dictating further cuts. It is unfortunate, but you are seeing the reality of what happens to an airline in bankruptcy. This is not the last of it. If the revenue situation does not start to improve, and very soon, you haven't seen anything yet!

Hah hah. You voted yes. Dave's back and he wants your job. Maybe you can start dealing dope or something to pay the bills. Just in case you were interested, the job market sucks and chances are you're going to be wearing the jobless label for a while. Remember, as you're sitting on employement or flight instructing for $9/hour, we voted yes. Also remember that Wolf has a 10 car garage and a Jag that you helped pay for.

Just doing my part to spread the love that US Airways has shown me.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/28/2002 10:13:17 AM UAL777flyer wrote:
[P]What some of you fail to realize is this is exactly the kind of stuff that happens in bankruptcy.  Remember way back several months when myself, and many others, were saying do everything possible to avoid bankruptcy?  That's why.  You lose total control over the company in bankruptcy.  Siegel is not calling the shots here, ladies and gentlemen.  The creditor's committee and the bankruptcy judge are calling the shots, along with the ATSB.  To blame Siegel for having to get more cost cuts is ludicrous.  He has no control over the continual decline in the industry revenue picture.  But because US is STILL in bankruptcy, he must acquiesce to the parties that are running the show.  Until US gets that ATSB loan, they'll have to continue to rationalize and massage their numbers to achieve that magical 7% profit margin down the road several years.  That is what is dictating further cuts.  It is unfortunate, but you are seeing the reality of what happens to an airline in bankruptcy.  This is not the last of it.  If the revenue situation does not start to improve, and very soon, you haven't seen anything yet![/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P]What's kind of funny is that the bankruptcy court is deciding all these things, but the bankruptcy court is apparently willing to approve bonuses to retain key management. Why? If Siegal and others have no control, why give them bonuses? And why hasn't anything been done to even TRY to improve the revenue situation (and no, I don't mean heavily restricted 99$ transcon fares that cost U $101 to operate). I know...because they have to get costs under control first. But why not try to increase revenues at the same time you're decreasing costs? What's it gonna hurt? [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]