Us Airways To Operate Rescue Flights To Cancun

TheNewLowFare

Senior
Aug 31, 2005
US Airways to operate Cancun rescue flights
Wednesday October 26, 8:06 pm ET

US Airways will be helping hurricane-stranded passengers in Cancun, Mexico, get back home.
The first 203-seat flight will leave Philadelphia Thursday morning, packed with water and supplies. The flight will depart Cancun for Charlotte, N.C., with passengers a few hours later.

The second 190-seat flight leaves Phoenix Thursday at 7:30 a.m. Arizona time. The flight will leave Cancun at 2:45 p.m. local time and arrive in Phoenix at 5:30 p.m. local time.

Once they arrive in Phoenix, passengers will have to clear customs. If Phoenix is not their final destination, they will be accommodated by US Airways to their final destination, airline officials said.

US Airways will operate relief flights again on Friday at the same times.

Scheduled service to and from Cancun is expected to resume on Saturday.

US Airways (NYSE: LCC - News) is a Tempe-based airline, born through the merger of America West Airlines and US Airways. It provides service to more than 200 destinations in the United States, Europe, the Caribbean and Mexico.

US Airways to operate Cancun rescue flights
Wednesday October 26, 8:06 pm ET
US Airways will be helping hurricane-stranded passengers in Cancun, Mexico, get back home.
The first 203-seat flight will leave Philadelphia Thursday morning, packed with water and supplies. The flight will depart Cancun for Charlotte, N.C., with passengers a few hours later.

The second 190-seat flight leaves Phoenix Thursday at 7:30 a.m. Arizona time. The flight will leave Cancun at 2:45 p.m. local time and arrive in Phoenix at 5:30 p.m. local time.

Once they arrive in Phoenix, passengers will have to clear customs. If Phoenix is not their final destination, they will be accommodated by US Airways to their final destination, airline officials said.

US Airways will operate relief flights again on Friday at the same times.

Scheduled service to and from Cancun is expected to resume on Saturday.

US Airways (NYSE: LCC - News) is a Tempe-based airline, born through the merger of America West Airlines and US Airways. It provides service to more than 200 destinations in the United States, Europe, the Caribbean and Mexico.
The feds should have 747s to bring our people home!....

The feds should have 747s to bring our people home!....

Why should our tax dollars pay for the use of rescues for people who KNOW this is hurricane season...the most active EVER recorded? I am so tired of paying for the entitlement and ignorance of Americans. This was Huricanne Wilma with a W....way down the list. For these tourist to complain in another country "where is our gov't?" You are in freakin Mexico!!!. You CHOSE to go there. This is just like the many that CHOOSE to live in flood plains or on coastlines or, I'll take it further...FAULT lines. Where does personal responsibility come in? Oh God, I sound like a republican.

Having said that in true ranting faction...I do believe the airlines can gain here by showing they care and stepping to the front and letting private biz provide rescue flights. What better PR. I will remember the site of a US carrier pulling up to wisk me away from disaster and would be willing to give that company my future business. With the feds, most will feel entitled.

Oh, BTW, I love how so many Mexican people were prepared and had lots of food and water to provide those Americans and other tourist. Compare this to the whiny south Floridians who did NOT prepare for 3-5 days they should be ready for to be on their own after SEVERAL warnings. Those folks are pitiful. Gimme, gimme!!! And we wonder why most of the world hates us.

Why should our tax dollars pay for the use of rescues for people who KNOW this is hurricane season...the most active EVER recorded? I am so tired of paying for the entitlement and ignorance of Americans. This was Huricanne Wilma with a W....way down the list. For these tourist to complain in another country "where is our gov't?" You are in freakin Mexico!!!. You CHOSE to go there. This is just like the many that CHOOSE to live in flood plains or on coastlines or, I'll take it further...FAULT lines. Where does personal responsibility come in? Oh God, I sound like a republican.

Having said that in true ranting faction...I do believe the airlines can gain here by showing they care and stepping to the front and letting private biz provide rescue flights. What better PR. I will remember the site of a US carrier pulling up to wisk me away from disaster and would be willing to give that company my future business. With the feds, most will feel entitled.

Oh, BTW, I love how so many Mexican people were prepared and had lots of food and water to provide those Americans and other tourist. Compare this to the whiny south Floridians who did NOT prepare for 3-5 days they should be ready for to be on their own after SEVERAL warnings. Those folks are pitiful. Gimme, gimme!!! And we wonder why most of the world hates us.
regardless of where you live, youre gonna be faced with some type of a major disaster at least once if not more in the area that you live. I do believe that at least this is good for US Air to help the victims of Hurricane Wilma in Cancun. But i also believe that they could at least send some plane loads of supplies to Florida, even now given that that Bush ate his own words after his remarks about La and the Katrina afteraffects

regardless of where you live, youre gonna be faced with some type of a major disaster at least once if not more in the area that you live. I do believe that at least this is good for US Air to help the victims of Hurricane Wilma in Cancun. But i also believe that they could at least send some plane loads of supplies to Florida, even now given that that Bush ate his own words after his remarks about La and the Katrina afteraffects

And I'm not arguing that FEMA and our govt shouldn't provide in OUR country. Florida should get all the supplies they need. My point about Florida was that we as Americans don't really prepare for disasters. How many times has it been drilled into people to have 3-5 days worth of rations? And how many times have we heard officials say to leave..get out...go to higher ground...and people ..not those with out the means but middle class Americans..stay against the thousands of warnings and then complain about the govt not being there. I'm sorry, that makes my stomach turn. Again..choices!!

Latest posts