US Airways Visa & the US Airways Website

SolidCactus

Senior
Contributor
Feb 21, 2008
AVP/PBI
www.solidcactus.com
I dont know if anyone else has complained about this, but I can't be the only one that this happens to.

I have a US Airways Visa card from Bank of America. I like to use the card to buy my US Airways tickets.

The past THREE times I have tried to use this card on the US Airways website, my card declines.

I log into my online account (I use BOA for my bank as well) and I see this...

4/30 US Airways $1.00
4/30 US Airways $1.00
4/30 US Airways $1.00
4/30 US Airways $1.00

Then about two hours later, someone from Bank of America calls me and tells me that my card has been flagged for "potential fraud". I tell them, I was trying to buy tickets on US Airways.com and they always tell me, "ok, you can use it now".

I already used another card of course.

This is really starting to annoy me. If anyone on this forum has friends in IT, could you please pass this along to them? I would think that most people who have a US Airways Visa have it so they can buy tickets online.

I don't have this problem if I order through the chairmans desk, only online...

I tried to book FF tickets online using my BOA Visa and it did the same thing. I was able to book it a little later the same evening using it though and I did have quite a few $1.00 "pending" charges on my account.

If anyone on this forum has friends in IT, could you please pass this along to them? I would think that most people who have a US Airways Visa have it so they can buy tickets online.

I don't have this problem if I order through the chairmans desk, only online...

Is nx_class fom IT still around these parts? He works in IT, perhaps he can provide some answers

The past THREE times I have tried to use this card on the US Airways website, my card declines.

You should immediately contact Bank of America and inquire why the card declined if you know there are no problems with the account.

Are you entering all the information exactly as on the card?

As I'm sure you know, the $1.00 pendings are a result of ascertaining a valid card. Since you are trying the transaction multiple times it would look fraudulant - as if you were trying to guess expiration dates and/or security codes.

You should immediately contact Bank of America and inquire why the card declined if you know there are no problems with the account.

Are you entering all the information exactly as on the card?

As I'm sure you know, the $1.00 pendings are a result of ascertaining a valid card. Since you are trying the transaction multiple times it would look fraudulant - as if you were trying to guess expiration dates and/or security codes.
Yep, entering everything correctly, including the cvv number. I only click the order now button only one time... Bank of American can't seem to tell me what the problem is. It appears to be a computer flagged fraud alert. I just switch to another card and it goes right through.

Latest posts