US Airways was the most successful major airline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to all of US's fine employees for this achievement. Enjoy your $150 bonus.

Hi,

Since nobody else has said it to you - THANK YOU!!! Your kind words are very appreciated. Now I'm going back to the a/p to make sure these gals I fly with stop plucking those eyebrows. Long live the unibrow - looks like ugly girls rule afterall! :lol:

Certainlly good news for Airways to be sure and congrats to all.

The rest of the article was rather interesting as well.The tarmac rule seems to working as many predicted. More cancelled flights year over year. Good news was none of the 5 delayed flights were US Airways.

Here's question for you.If the DOT fines the airlines $27,500 per customer how much of that does the customer get? I'm thinking the answer is zero and that just rankles me if true.

Gee always looking for something for nothing huh?

Most tarmac delays are ATC problems, not the created by the airline, maybe you should ask the FAA for money, not the airline.

Gee even with those pesky union contracts US' workers hit the triple play, go figure.

When you go to the Dr and your appointment is at 3pm and he doesnt see you till 4pm, does he pay you money back?

Amazing.

Gee always looking for something for nothing huh?

Most tarmac delays are ATC problems, not the created by the airline, maybe you should ask the FAA for money, not the airline.

Gee even with those pesky union contracts US' workers hit the triple play, go figure.

When you go to the Dr and your appointment is at 3pm and he doesnt see you till 4pm, does he pay you money back?

Amazing.
RE:Dr's appointments.It has bee tried successfuly where someone has filed suit in small claims couts for continued lateness froma Dr. So while I do not dot it,it has been done.

If I'm a consultant and I bill my times at $200/hr (A not uncommon Figure) and I'm delayed 3 hours that's $600.00 I could have billed the client. As you stated,the cause is often ATC. Who handles that? The Governement so why shouldn't they give me a part of the fine? It's their fault too that a a customer I'm delayed. If the FAA.DOT collects a fine for a tarmac delay they should share the proceeds with the injured party! (Customer).

I don't like the tramac rule as I think it is possibly the most customer unfriendly move the government has ever made. Frankly it's nothing more than a money grab by an administration that is starved for money due to their inability to stimulat the economy while incurring large amounts of public debt.

Now back on topic I'm thrilled that the Rank & File got the $150 bonus per employee. I would remind Senior Management that the men & women of US Airways EARNED the bous it wasn't "Given", There is a difference.

Reactions: 1 person
Now back on topic I'm thrilled that the Rank & File got the $150 bonus per employee. I would remind Senior Management that the men & women of US Airways EARNED the bous it wasn't "Given", There is a difference.

Excellent point. And more importantly, I think this will go a long way toward boosting morale and motivation among the employee ranks, which hopefully will translate to more of these $150 bonuses in the future.

Excellent point. And more importantly, I think this will go a long way toward boosting morale and motivation among the employee ranks, which hopefully will translate to more of these $150 bonuses in the future.

Don't misunderstand I'm very thankful for this & it's needed, but imo(at least for me) get us enough help, Stop working us short every day,it's hurting. Bring our pay up to industry standards & give me back my benefits so that I can retire, keep the bonus.

Remember most of the Top Execs have performance based Bonus. Ever wonder how much they are getting ?

"US Airways did not award bonuses based on financial performance, but only as incentives for achieving specific goals, such as improvements in customer service and baggage handling."
Read more: http://travel-industry.uptake.com/blog/2010/05/04/airline-ceo-compensation/#ixzz0tCloadFp

Dont get me wrong, as a FSA, an Extra Days Pay is nothing to complain about. Now I dont have to go without water on 100+ degree days, I can afford to buy it.

If I'm a consultant and I bill my times at $200/hr (A not uncommon Figure) and I'm delayed 3 hours that's $600.00 I could have billed the client. As you stated,the cause is often ATC. Who handles that? The Governement so why shouldn't they give me a part of the fine? It's their fault too that a a customer I'm delayed. If the FAA.DOT collects a fine for a tarmac delay they should share the proceeds with the injured party! (Customer).
So basically somebody is supposed to write you a check every time you're inconvenienced by life treating you unfairly? Should the weatherman have to dole out whenever he's wrong? Good luck with that. This might the kind of thing people are lamenting when they talk about our nation being rife with hair-trigger whiners and litigants with an over active sense of entitlement and self-importance.

I don't like the tramac rule as I think it is possibly the most customer unfriendly move the government has ever made.
Really? Ever? Worse than, say, approving thalidomide? What about Prohibition? That was pretty unfair to customers.

Frankly it's nothing more than a money grab by an administration that is starved for money due to their inability to stimulat the economy while incurring large amounts of public debt.
Yes, the Obama administration is banking on 480,000,000 tarmac delays to eradicate public debt, ooh and to think they almost got away with it...

Actually a payout can be both earned and given, as this one will demonstrate. But I'm glad you're thrilled. I am pleased about it as well.

It's their fault too that a a customer I'm delayed. If the FAA.DOT collects a fine for a tarmac delay they should share the proceeds with the injured party! (Customer).

The guv'ment is using the fines to upgrade the ATC system. Honest! :lol:

Now I'm going back to the a/p to make sure these gals I fly with stop plucking those eyebrows.

¿Qué?

Here's question for you.If the DOT fines the airlines $27,500 per customer how much of that does the customer get? I'm thinking the answer is zero and that just rankles me if true.

I believe the rule is "up to $27,500" per customer, if I remember correctly. Does anyone know for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts