Us Airways Watch (pittsburgh Post-gazette)

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways Watch - October 18, 2004

 Flight attendants union president Perry Hayes said yesterday that any talk of a strike at US Airways is "reckless nonsense." Responding to rumors, Hayes warned of the danger of such speculation, saying that the flight attendants "cannot and should not strike under the current circumstance." The "mere talk of a strike maybe enough to tip the company into liquidation," he said, costing all flight attendants their jobs. "The talk of a strike adds nothing and risks everything." The rumors began after a bankruptcy judge imposed a temporary 21 percent pay cut on many workers Friday; local union representative Teddy Xidas circulated a letter saying that members should be ready to exercise "self help" as a last resort if long-term contract talks with the airline do not work. Xidas said the "self help" could be "picketing," "leafleting" or a "strike."

 Leaders of the US Airways pilots union continue to trade barbs over the ratification of a five year, $300 million concessionary pact that would lower pilot pay by 18 percent, increase work hours, cut retirement and eliminate retiree medical care. Two Philadelphia representatives argued in a letter last Saturday that pilots might get a better deal from the bankruptcy judge, who modified the company's request for a six-month, 23 percent cut into a four-month, 21 percent cut. "The hysterical drama of those who campaigned against our chances in bankruptcy court must now certainly be quelled," they wrote, urging pilots to support a new set of negotiations with the company or the judge. But pilots union chairman Bill Pollock shot back in a letter to all pilots Sunday, saying that union leaders who advise pilots to turn the deal down are being "irresponsible." A "better deal" does not exist, he said. "Each proposal we have received from the company only got worse," he wrote. "There is absolutely nothing to suggest that this negative trend will now reverse."

USA320Pilot,
With All this US "back and forth", I knew that you had a "twin brother" involved in this "quagmire", BUT I never could figure out who it was .

BUT,

It finally came to me.

ANOTHER BUFFOON, US Senator Rick(lil' ricky) Santorum :blink: :shock:

NH/BB's

After the judge ruled for the 21 % pay cut I can't imagine anyone voting for a long term contract now. The company has hurt the employees so badly both financialy and mentaly that now the employees will try to get even by turning down every proposal from the company.
As you said about a month ago USA320 Pilot "We are toast".

The company never seriousily negotiated with the AFA, three or four meetings do not count as good faith negotiations.

I was in the court room when Mr Ashby admitted to only several meetings.

Lay the blame where it belongs.

And I guess fliboi does not even realize, the PIT AFA President was NOT on the Negotiating Committee.

It was Perry Hayes, AFA PHL president and several others. Gee, to my surprise you do not even know what transpired. But why am I surprised since we all know you are not what you say.

Usfliboi, you have a really bad habit of being uniformed. The PIT AFA president was not even ON the negotiating commitee.

I guess someone who is strong, highly intellegent, passionate, and respected is intimidating to someone like you.

I find many of the PIT local prez. remarks to be counter productive. Of course, this position should be largely irrevelant soon with PIT going to 60 mainline flights (or less) in the very near future.

700, Im very well awar who is and isnt ...... Perry I KNOW WELL! Im as dissappointed in him as anyone, however, hes not calling for the irresponsible actions she is...... He also said in his latest eline they are still talking, hoping to reach some sort of agreement, however see no reason why the company would want to talk now. 700, you have no room to talk in that room filled with cleaning supplies and obviously alot of fumes !

I am so glad you have to insult and attack instead of sticking to the issues.

And sorry I am in a class room, learning new things, not at US.

Just shows your true colors. By the way, walk through the hangar and distribution center without a SIDA badge lately?

And I believe if you get laid-off you can go to Denny's.

(no offense meant to REAL US Airways F/As.)

PS, can you use spell check first it is getting hard to read your posts.

usfliboi said:
hes not calling for the irresponsible actions she is

I don't see where anyone called for anything do you?

I see a labor leader using the system as it's designed to be used...and "Self Help" is one of the tools.

Under "Self-Help" options were listed....it was not a call to action of any kind , least of irresponsible ones.