US Announced YQB Service

FutureUScapt

Veteran
Dec 1, 2005
US Airways will launch PHL-YQB service beginning 02Jun from its Philadelphia hub. Flights will be operated thrice daily by Air Wisconsin aboard 50 seat CRJs and will be available for sale starting Saturday.

Haven't been to YQB personally but I've heard many great things!

US Press Release

What ever happened to the PHL-YVR Seasonal service?

Unfortunately, it was a poor performer - even the loads weren't great. To be fair, it probably made the bottom line look a lot worse on this route since it flown over summer 2008, when fuel spiked to $147/barrel.

Unfortunately, it was a poor performer - even the loads weren't great. To be fair, it probably made the bottom line look a lot worse on this route since it flown over summer 2008, when fuel spiked to $147/barrel.
I guess that it is too far a western Canadian city to connect in PHL. I am still surprised they brought back PHL-SMF. I know they done PHL-SNA before, but I think that would be a great route today. Also make PDX year round.

US Airways will launch PHL-YQB service beginning 02Jun from its Philadelphia hub. Flights will be operated thrice daily by Air Wisconsin aboard 50 seat CRJs and will be available for sale starting Saturday.

Haven't been to YQB personally but I've heard many great things!

US Press Release

Will this flight be handled at the A West gates for customs and immigration services?

Is this really a "new" city or a resumption of service that was stopped several years ago? I seem to recall US serving this city, maybe back in the 90s/early 00s.

Canadian flights are pre-cleared in Canada prior to departure. They will use Terminal F.

Quebec City does not currently have pre-clearance.

These are the only airports with pre-clearance:

Calgary International Airport
Edmonton International Airport
Halifax Stanfield International Airport
Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
Toronto Pearson International Airport
Vancouver International Airport
Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport

Does anyone know why the second CLT-FRA flight scheduled for this summer has been canceled??

Is this really a "new" city or a resumption of service that was stopped several years ago? I seem to recall US serving this city, maybe back in the 90s/early 00s.
I know US flew it in the 90's. So it's really a resumption of service but it is new to management in Tempe.

Jim

Does anyone know why the second CLT-FRA flight scheduled for this summer has been canceled??

Apparently it was a slot issue. The current slots were intended to be placeholders in the meantime while US tried to secure better times, which they were unfortunately unable to do.

I know US flew it in the 90's. So it's really a resumption of service but it is new to management in Tempe.

Jim

Are you sure about that? I can't ever recall US serving YQB before, but if they did it must've been for a very very short duration and sometime before 1994. To Tempe's credit, they have actually been rather decent about using the word "resumption
instead of "new" when applicable - when US relaunched BTR and MLB, it was worded as such.

Are you sure about that?

Absolutely - it was a neat layover in the winter when the river froze up and was turned into a pedestrian mall with food stands, ice skating etc. As I recall, it was served from JFK only (or at least that's the only place I flew it out of).

Jim

Absolutely - it was a neat layover in the winter when the river froze up and was turned into a pedestrian mall with food stands, ice skating etc. As I recall, it was served from JFK only (or at least that's the only place I flew it out of).

Jim
US has NEVER EVER flown into Quebec City! That icy pedestrian mall you are thinking about was YOW(Ottawa).JFK-YOW briefly served after the PI merger with the F28, it was an old carryover from the Empire days.
This is the first entry into YQB.

US has NEVER EVER flown into Quebec City! That icy pedestrian mall you are thinking about was YOW(Ottawa).JFK-YOW briefly served after the PI merger with the F28, it was an old carryover from the Empire days.
This is the first entry into YQB.
My apologies, you're right - it was Ottawa I was thinking of. But US (or at least PI) did serve it with Boeings and not just F28's.

Jim