US back to Daytona Beach, FL

markkus757

Veteran
Jul 26, 2004
3X E75's to CLT (with a bunch of extra sections and mainline capacity additions on race weekend) starts 01 February 2008.

DAB-CLT:
0830-1015
1230-1415
1730-1915

CLT-DAB:
1000-1145
1500-1645
2000-2145

PVD-MCO Saturday only resumes on 2/16 as well:

MCO-PVD:
1100-1443 733
1435-1739 733

good to see some sort of growth by US!!

It's nice of US to add in a new city and expand the market(s) even though it's Saturday only but I bet the reason for growth is to put aircrafts on profitable routes.

These pathetic ERAU kids need more real world airline experience...so who's doing the ground/airport staffing? US or Piedmont? or DGA

Its always great to return service to old cities. Does this been MLB could possibly return later when more E175s are available?

It's nice of US to add in a new city and expand the market(s) even though it's Saturday only but I bet the reason for growth is to put aircrafts on profitable routes.

These pathetic ERAU kids need more real world airline experience...so who's doing the ground/airport staffing? US or Piedmont? or DGA
OOPS ...... Didn't you hear US did in fact serve Daytona Beach years ago, only then it was called Piedmont airlines and all flights were full, but after the merger uncle ed saw that they were making too much money and pulled out.

OOPS ...... Didn't you hear US did in fact serve Daytona Beach years ago, only then it was called Piedmont airlines and all flights were full, but after the merger uncle ed saw that they were making too much money and pulled out.
I remember working the PHL-DAB flights around '94 or '95. It was weekend service on an F-100, always full and you could never find seats via CLT to get volunteers.

Does anyone find PVD-MCO odd? Considering there is no BOS or LGA to Florida..

ooooo.. now Ma & Pa Kettle can fly to Daytona to watch them there fast cars!!! yyeeehhaawww...

and regarding PVD-MCO, that used to be a daily flight. The company normally has weekend only service from MCO to about 4 or 5 points, but I think WN and FL somehow were able to make the markets work and have gone daily.

US Air served DAB after the merger as well. I think they pulled the service in 1997 or 1998... 3 or 4 RT's daily using 737's. I think they pulled out of MLB about the same time.

DAB, MLB, SAT, AUS and TUS were the 5 destinations that Wolfe axed in 97.

Ironically, the first Airways scheme painted aircraft, a 737-400, did it's first day CLT-MLB-CLT-DCA-???

MCO use to be a rather big station just a few short years ago. LGA MCO, BWI MCO, BOS MCO, FLL MCO, MCO TPA, PBI MCO, MCO MIA, BUF MCO, ROC MCO, God there were so many, many more I can't even think of them all. US I think use to have something like 14 or 15 gates at MCO.