US Diversions?

WoodenCar

Nov 28, 2017
Hey All-

I'm working on a project, and I'm wondering what the top airports are that RECEIVE diversions (could be due to weather, medical, mx etc.).

Is there a way to identify the top 10? Or maybe those in the industry just have a gut? I would guess the midwest/NE see the most due to snow.

Thanks!

Hey All-

I'm working on a project, and I'm wondering what the top airports are that RECEIVE diversions (could be due to weather, medical, mx etc.).

Is there a way to identify the top 10? Or maybe those in the industry just have a gut? I would guess the midwest/NE see the most due to snow.

Thanks!

Listen dude, your question is a lame question, because Wx. effects every single airport in the US !

That said, airports like Bangor, ME, Gander, NL and Goose Bay, LB see a lot of diversions by flights coming over the Atlantic from Europe, that stop for extra gas, because US airports are having bad delays due to snow. Bangor does get snow, but Gander and Goose Bay get rain almost always. Plus the 3 airports I mentioned all have loooong runways.

Listen dude, your question is a lame question, because Wx. effects every single airport in the US !

That said, airports like Bangor, ME, Gander, NL and Goose Bay, LB see a lot of diversions by flights coming over the Atlantic from Europe, that stop for extra gas, because US airports are having bad delays due to snow. Bangor does get snow, but Gander and Goose Bay get rain almost always. Plus the 3 airports I mentioned all have loooong runways.

He said diversions, not perversions.

Going "off of gut" here:

ANC sees its share of transpac diversions.

FAR and GFK see a lot when MSP is having issues.

Same with GRR when DTW does.

When ATL implodes, you can almost guarantee some extra flights in places BHM, HSV, CAE, and SAV.

Latest posts