Us Employees Treated Like Cattle

Feb 7, 2004
Michael Boyd, aviation consultant, on Early Show this morning:
"If management of US Airways continue to treat their employees like cattle, that are easily replaced, there will be no US Airways in the near future. Management must bring the employees into the fold."

He also hinted that though this "sick-out" may not have been an organized effort to disrupt service, it should NOT HAVE BEEN UNEXPECTED after the events of the last several years.

This company needs outside help to bring employees and management to middle ground. The distrust between the two groups is like a living thing. I personally believe that the AFA TA will ratify by a slim margin. Then I fully expect management to rewrite the agreement before the ink is dry. Just like the last agreement! You reap what you sow.

For the many employees that showed up to work, missing Christmas with their own families, my hat goes off to you! For those employees that called off sick when they were not legitimately ill, though I understand your anger and frustration with the company, and though the company has done NOTHING to provide an incentive for you to work over the holidays, it saddens me that such a capable and once proud employee group has sunk to the same level as management.

For many many years, the employees at US have gone the extra mile to keep the passengers happy, and to make the airline successful, in spite of whatever management team is in charge today. It is apparent that some of the employees have now begun to believe what management has been telling you for years; You are replacable! Again, US management, "you reap what you sow!"

. .. and though the company has done NOTHING to provide an incentive for you to work over the holidays, it saddens me that such a capable and once proud employee group has sunk to the same level as management.

Again, the "incentive" to come to work for normal, moral, upstanding people is A PAY CHECK!!!! And again, placing the blame on management does nothing to solive this crisis. Quit whining before it is too late for this compnay. Solve your issues and save your company or you and many like you will really have something to whine about when you are unemployeed and on the streets. Only then will many realize what they had at U! And I am NOT saying there are not problems and that management hasn't made mistakes but it is a moot point at this critical time. So, you have a choice, keep whining and laying blame or solve your issues.

4merresrat said:
. .. and though the company has done NOTHING to provide an incentive for you to work over the holidays, it saddens me that such a capable and once proud employee group has sunk to the same level as management.
Again, the "incentive" to come to work for normal, moral, upstanding people is A PAY CHECK!!!! And again, placing the blame on management does nothing to solive this crisis. Quit whining before it is too late for this compnay. Solve your issues and save your company or you and many like you will really have something to whine about when you are unemployeed and on the streets. Only then will many realize what they had at U! And I am NOT saying there are not problems and that management hasn't made mistakes but it is a moot point at this critical time. So, you have a choice, keep whining and laying blame or solve your issues.
[post="232155"][/post]​

You are a piece of work. You are out of touch. You are full of yourself. People no longer care what happens, their spirit has been broken, but people like you only throw fuel on the fire with your asinine condescending comments. Management is full of your kind and why U is not going to make it.

deano said:
You are a piece of work. You are out of touch. You are full of yourself. People no longer care what happens, their spirit has been broken, but people like you only throw fuel on the fire with your asinine condescending comments. Management is full of your kind and why U is not going to make it.
[post="232156"][/post]​

I agree..the end is NEAR! Chapter 7 in January is a real possibility. This cow should have been put out to pasture years ago! COMPLETELY incompetent management, totally disinterested employees, not a damn thing special or unique about the airline at all...easily replaceable.

SO glad I'm gone!!!!!!!

Ex-SalesGuyCCY

so the company reaps what their my way or the highway way of conducting business with both creditors and employees has bought them.
it isn't unexpected....
i still wonder what the secured creditors think are the chances they'll see any return on their monies.
they got to be concerned,if this isn't a statement of where employee morale lies nothing is.
with morale like this is it worth the effort for them??

deano said:
[post="232156"][/post]​

Unfortunately, it is you who are out of touch with the reality of the situation. :huh:

jack mama said:
Just quit if you are unhappy, why would you ruin Christmas for all of those families???
[post="232158"][/post]​
Personally I did just that and like "sales" says, glad I did.

This was not a concerted effort but mass apathy brought to you by butchers calling themselves management.

Of course you and your kind will follow this management team straight into hell and say it was a good experience. Whose the fool?

4merresrat said:
Unfortunately, it is you who are out of touch with the reality of the situation. :huh:
[post="232167"][/post]​
Is that why I am on the outside looking in at the misery because I was too stupid to leave. Get real Mr. Clown. You and management are one and the same…..completely out of touch and in love with yourselves.

SalesGuyCCY said:
I agree..the end is NEAR! Chapter 7 in January is a real possibility. This cow should have been put out to pasture years ago! COMPLETELY incompetent management, totally disinterested employees, not a damn thing special or unique about the airline at all...easily replaceable.

SO glad I'm gone!!!!!!!

Ex-SalesGuyCCY
[post="232157"][/post]​

And now you want everyone else in the same boat. If your so glad to be gone, why don't you leave us alone go your merry way.

A320 Driver

4merresrat said:
. .. Again, the "incentive" to come to work for normal, moral, upstanding people is A PAY CHECK!!!!
[post="232155"][/post]​

A paycheck that keeps getting smaller and smaller. What kind of incentive is that for anybody ??????

4merresrat said:
This was not a concerted effort but mass apathy brought to you by butchers calling themselves management.

But your not bitter at all are you?
[post="232174"][/post]​
Not only do you condone what management does and follow them blindly but now believe you are a psychiatrist and qualified to make diagnoses. What difference does it make what my state my mind is in? Will that change anything at U? Will it make anything I say about U's management less true? You are reaching and losing your grip on a sorry ### management team that is bringing a once great place to work to the dust.

[
paycheck that keeps getting smaller and smaller. What kind of incentive is that for anybody ??????

Geez, why can't you GET IT. IF the "smaller and smaller" paycheck that you now get is not incentive enough, then QUIT. Now, not to be mean-spirited however the answer must be that you can not find another way to support yourself that is equal or better to the conditions at Usairways. Im sorry either that or you just enjoy being miserable. Because you are definately miserable and bitter and you are not making enough money to make you happy. So, either you do not have employable skills to leave, or you dont want to applyl yourself and go back to school and get the skills needed to make more money. Which is it?????/

HEY!
Wasn't Michael Boyd one of the talking heads that said we had to slash costs to stay in business and compete with the LCCs? Sounds like he's workin' both sides of the street now. Guess that's how he stays in business himself.

A320 Driver

Latest posts