US FA arrested for cocaine possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a reserve afford that stuff? I'm not familiar with Texas boogar sugar so I wouldn't know. :lol: It won't be long before we get the "don't rush to judgement" or "she's sick and it's an illness" post. :rolleyes:

22 grams? Individually packaged? Personal use only? ROTF!!! You believe that, I've got a nice bridge for sale :lol:

She lost her job AND several thousand dollars worth of inventory! Not sure how much a gram of Coke goes for these days, but she's gonna also be in trouble from her dealer! :ph34r:

That was pretty stupid!

It will be interesting when this gets tossed :rolleyes:

This actually will be quite interesting either way. Airport checkpoints are ADMINISTRATIVE, thus there is no 5th Amendment issue. The reason it is like that is because of the great good needed to protect the public from terrorism and hijackings. I believe (not too certain however) that the TSA may have overstepped their bounds. Conceivably (internet lawyering here) that may make it a 5th Ammdt violation, making the TSA report to LEOs "fruit of the poisoned tree".

That said I think all drug dealers need a special place reserved in hell and, since there is NO DOUBT that this woman is in fact dealing, she deserves every bad thing that happens to her.

It will be interesting when this gets tossed :rolleyes:

Not much chance of that. Evidently there was something in her luggage (or her behavior set off alarms) that gave them concern enough to search her. Incidental discovery of illicit drugs--you may have been searching for stolen TVs--is not prohibited under the law, particularly if the suspece has given you permission to search their belongings or their dwelling.
And, we all know that you do not get through security if you refuse the TSA permission to search your bags--which is as it should be.

Besides, whether found illegally or not. Possession of illicit drugs by a crew member is a definite no-no. Whether she goes to jail or not, I would guess her "career" in the airline business is at or near the end.

This actually will be quite interesting either way. Airport checkpoints are ADMINISTRATIVE, thus there is no 5th Amendment issue. The reason it is like that is because of the great good needed to protect the public from terrorism and hijackings. I believe (not too certain however) that the TSA may have overstepped their bounds. Conceivably (internet lawyering here) that may make it a 5th Ammdt violation, making the TSA report to LEOs "fruit of the poisoned tree".

If a TSA screening clerk finds what they think are drugs in the course of an administrative search for weapons, explosives or incendiaries, their SOP calls for them to summon an LEO. The TSA used to pat themselves on the back on their website whenever drugs or other non-WEI contraband was found, but that stopped after a federal judge threw out the Fofana case last year.

The TSA claims they do not search for drugs, but their own internal documents prove otherwise:

k93hc6dje8gnspe4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.