US Gate/Ticket Agents

daltnpapi4u

Aug 12, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I just have a quick question... i keep seeing in the AZ Republic that US Airways is looking for gate/ticket agents.... however it doesnt show how much the pay is... would anyone by any chance know what the starting pay is?

Thanks

New hires?
Im guessing 7-under 9.00 starting pay..are you really certain you want this?

With all the garbage and security stuff going in today-not to mention its getting difficult to non rev especially with those cute baby RJ'S NOT!

Look to a different job-this is NO LONGER A CAREER>

CWA raise, Tempe Dictates TO STATION MANAGERS TO CUT hours when there is NO FLT loss!

gO FIGURE- we'll give you a raise , but we are cutting your hours!

@$$es!

Hi Wench,

Well i just moved to Phoenix and i was looking to get into the industry... i seen that baggage handlers start at $9.40 so i thought it would be more for the agents i guess not :(

Hi Everyone,

I just have a quick question... i keep seeing in the AZ Republic that US Airways is looking for gate/ticket agents.... however it doesnt show how much the pay is... would anyone by any chance know what the starting pay is?

Thanks
The starting pay in $9.59 an hour. Flight benefits begin 14 days after your first day. There are plenty of chances for overtime as I get called atleast 2 or 3 times a week. Overtime is paid for anytime over 8 hours a day (not the standard over forty hours). Good luck.

Being a counter agent is such a great job because you get to help people a lot. You get to help them find their lost luggage,reaccomodate them from delayed flights,help them get a seat assignment on an oversold flight, and best of all you get to coerce them to use the kiosk because the company would rather have them use it instead of an agent. Does it get any better than that???? :up:

seatacus,
forgot not the New Security directive's.

Gosh, where else could I have so fun working?!

Being a counter agent is such a great job because you get to help people a lot. You get to help them find their lost luggage,reaccomodate them from delayed flights,help them get a seat assignment on an oversold flight, and best of all you get to coerce them to use the kiosk because the company would rather have them use it instead of an agent. Does it get any better than that???? :up:

AND REMEMBER...ITS NOT US..ITS THE INDUSTRY! ! !

If I had to do your job I'd go down in history as the biggest serial killer of all time. Between the stupid questions and the boorish behavior there would be bodies stacked up like cordwood :rolleyes:

Thank God their are people with more patience than I!! You guys must spend alot of time in church or at the bar is all I'll say.

Thank you for seeing my world. I don't have any more patience than you do. It sometimes shows. You adapt somehow, you perform. You act, you lie sometimes. Not the way I wanted it to be. Forgive me. :(

Ah, the typical businessman could never do our job.
Yes at times we do have patience, other times hell no.

God Knows my husband says he'd be fired first few hours he was hired.
Yes we have DFQ's, and the LRN's.

DONT ASK please.
Scenerio- out on a break and some dummy from another carrier asking where the gate or where the b-room is...at times I'd love to say " look and read the sines'.
But I dont, if anyone knew what went thru my mind Id be jailed!

Have a great day! :up:

Well I went today to the open house... the starting pay is $8.05 an hour... I was really shocked that the pay was so low...