US Ground staff to take over LH CLTMUC

I actually heard this last month but I wondered if anyone had anything that would verify its accuracy? Supposedly , US ground staff (below the wing) and possibly above the wing as well will start working the LH flight CLT to MUC in July. If this is true wouldn't agents have recieved some sort of training with the new aircraft coming in June? I was just wondering if anyone had heard this as well and would it be cheaper or more expensive for LH to do this? Probably a false rumor, but wanted to hear everyone elses' feedback since there's some pretty knowledgable ppl posting here.

shannon, I haven't seen anything in workbrain about it or heard anything. I'm going in this afternoon c con T3 and I'll ck around

ATIS is way cheaper than using US, when LH first announced service to CLT, myself and others put together a bid to work the cleaning and ground handiling, and we could not even come near the cheap price ATIS gave them on working the flight, plus they had about 20 more people to work it than we could.

I talked to the LH Station Manager for PHL a few months ago. He stated the reason why they wont use us is because we couldn't offer a service level. So he sided with Evergreen. Which he said he's not happy with them. I'd be more than happy to work with the Germans on a daily basis. An occasional A346 would be fine by me :) But if they don't use US at PHL then I doubt they would ever use US services at CLT.

Asig is done as of June 1st for LH in CLT
World Services will be the new Ground Handler.
Customer service still will be 5 LH and 10 Delta Global
Delta Global handling ATO and Arvl, Custom Etc