US IAM Fleet Service topic 5/14-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Health Care Arbitration Ruling should be out soon!!! We should hear of the ruling in the next 10 days!!!

thats great .. thanks for the update.

thats something we never got with the old regime..

Charlotte Fleet Service shift bid posted Mon evening 18May to be bid now get this ON MEMORIAL DAY Mon 25May. Now what kind of crap is that that station management is pulling on the Fleet Service group. Many of the people have already swapped this day off & have plans to be with their families. On top of this this was NEVER sent to us in Workbrain just stuck up this evening.

I for one hope our shop stewards & higher ups will be all over this.

Charlotte Fleet Service shift bid posted Mon evening 18May to be bid now get this ON MEMORIAL DAY Mon 25May. Now what kind of crap is that that station management is pulling on the Fleet Service group. Many of the people have already swapped this day off & have plans to be with their families. On top of this this was NEVER sent to us in Workbrain just stuck up this evening.

I for one hope our shop stewards & higher ups will be all over this.
dont feel too lonely cuz BWI we are supposenly be bidding next mon and we were given workbrain notices that if people swapped theyd have to redo it in the system

Based on what I have seen in the past, most of the large stations do the bidding on T/W/T to avoid the long weekedns. I suppose that you will have to put in a proxy bid, but I know that most prefer to be there in person to ensure things are done properly. You can also bid by proxy with a person you trust to oversee your bid by listing them on your papers. Although bidding on a Holiday isn't the norm, I doubt that anyone can force the issue. As usual things like this are very vauge in the current contract. From what I can see the only language about bidding, states that any given station must bid a minimum of 3 times a year, but can do more if needed.

Based on what I have seen in the past, most of the large stations do the bidding on T/W/T to avoid the long weekedns. I suppose that you will have to put in a proxy bid, but I know that most prefer to be there in person to ensure things are done properly. You can also bid by proxy with a person you trust to oversee your bid by listing them on your papers. Although bidding on a Holiday isn't the norm, I doubt that anyone can force the issue. As usual things like this are very vauge in the current contract. From what I can see the only language about bidding, states that any given station must bid a minimum of 3 times a year, but can do more if needed.

Quite frankly I would NEVER trust a proxy here even though I know people do it. I've also heard of the screwups & I'm not willing to chance it.

As far as the contract says the bid must be posted 7days in advance(which they barely done if you can call it that) & must be bid a min. of 3 times a year, but can be more if needed as you pointed out.

They've just screwed up a lot of peoples holiday but with this company it's to be expected :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

That's weak. How does that benefit anybody? It sounds like they're either too stupid to realize how disrespectful they're being or too stupid to realize that if they are indeed using this to stick it to the agents they're only making their own jobs harder in the long run...

Hey Doug....

When your pouring a cold one and pulling a steak off the grill Monday, think about the people who can't....

Actually thats not true, the old US had cameras in PHL in certain areas filming people clocking other people out in mtc way before the merger.

Status
Not open for further replies.