US IAM Mech. topic 1/24-

Status
Not open for further replies.
:blink: Word on the floor is that we lost our 3rd party HVM. Got out bid by a higher paying major. Any body here of any new work coming into Clt / Pit ?

alot of BUMPING on this board....any BUMPING in the field???
No, but I heard due to the 190 EO work ,we will need 5 - 7 more mechanics in Pit. A cks and rib work inside the wings and center tanks. No word on the bus rudder work. Had a Airbus team from Germany checking out Management, Engeneering and Inspection on the check/ repairs. Havent heard on a time lime for the rudder work yet. :up:

Anyone hear anything about some landing gear work coming back inhouse ?? :ph34r:

Do we still have a plating licence and shop ? All we have left in Pit is brush plating. Plasma machines were sold off. We do have a portabale flame spray, but that like the brush plating won't get it. Machine shop wise we would be OK. We have been doing rib 5 line boreing ( bus ) and installing zero time gear from Mexico. Some from England . It sure would be nice to control the gear over haul. We wait days for the "just in time" gear to get here. We can wait days on paper work to ensure that no bogus parts are installed. I hope Clt gets it going again. So many more parts could be fixed in house and not just gear. :up:

The plating and gear shops were not in CLT, they were in INT and they never moved to CLT cause of the EPA regs involving all the chemicals used in the process.

The gear shop was closed after BK II, dont know if it was sold or what the status of the buildings are, they were two seperated buildings near Smith Reynolds Airport in INT.

On a side not since AAR in MIA Gear shop was closed by the Feds US said they are looking for other vendors, AAR gave US, WN and UPS improperly fixed parts in the landing gears overhauled.

FAA Shuts Landing-Gear Repair Company

Gear work coming back in house, HA HA HA now thats funny!! Why would you bring it back in house when Im sure they can find some 12 year olds in china to do it for almost free!! Seriously I beleive the city of Winston-Salem owns the building that housed the plating shop and I dont think US leases it anymore. US could of made millions of dollars doing third party landing gear with the facilities they had but the old US Air was to dumb and never listened to its employees either!! Meet the new boss Same as the old boss!!

They are two seperate buildings.

Plate shop is down the road and across the street from the Airport and the Gear/Machine Shop is one the the old res buildings on the airport grounds.

I have done the CLT-INT Truck run many times as that was done five days a week on second shift and done many a road trip to the plating shop to get the bushings plated when they were doing some mods on the 737s.

Before they shut the shop down they were getting ready to put new tanks in for plating as the Airbus narrowbody gear was to come in house and then they would have been able to do the 757 gear too.

Status
Not open for further replies.