Us @ Las

ISP

Senior
Apr 3, 2003
Well, just got back from a nice weekend in LAS

I've been to LAS about 10 times in the past 4 years, all on US. Each time I go out, I can see an increase in US presence there. Granted, still a very small operation, but...

Kudos to US for not abondoning this market, especially with the general trend of cutting west coast service. I remember when I went to LAS a few months after 9/11, and US only had 6 flights there. A quick glance at the LAS schedule for June 1, 2004 shows 12 daily flights - the most LAS has seen in many years.

LAS always has great frontline staff too. In case MGMT does really read this board, please praise the LAS folks and here's to hoping the LAS presence continues to grow!

The fleet is at 285 now with the return of the Airbii that the leases were aborgated in Chapter 11 and the return to two 737-400s to CIT.

I agree, ISP, the folks in LAS are great. Always friendly and upbeat. Even all the folks down below who work in Ops, baggage and even the van drivers that take the crews to the hotels. LAS is a hot spot for crews, everyone likes those trips and they go very Senior. If you like Mexican, there is a Restaurant called Cozumel that is great. It is Mexican cuisine, love to eat there. Also, Harrahs has a wonderful breakfast buffet. Do not eat at Tropicana, it sucks. :)

ktflyhome said:
I agree, ISP, the folks in LAS are great. Always friendly and upbeat. Even all the folks down below who work in Ops, baggage and even the van drivers that take the crews to the hotels. LAS is a hot spot for crews, everyone likes those trips and they go very Senior. If you like Mexican, there is a Restaurant called Cozumel that is great. It is Mexican cuisine, love to eat there. Also, Harrahs has a wonderful breakfast buffet. Do not eat at Tropicana, it sucks. :)
I guess LAS trips for the PIT base go senior but in PHL everyone seems to get a LAS layover with all the new service. Quite a junior trip to pick up. I agree Cozumel and Harrahs have some great food selections. However, the best eating in LAS is at Paris Las Vegas. The choice of resturants and the French food buffet is out of the world.

Well, it does go very Senior. Last trip I had was with 4 F/A/s who all had 30 years and over. But who knows, I may be in Phl soon if things go the way people are talking. I will have to try Paris, never been there. I think for years many of the really Senior folks were doing one-days and all nighters, now they have to do trips and LAS red-eyes are good for them. BTW- it does go more junior over holidays.

Interesting. I'm booked SBY-PHL-LAS June 19th and LAS-PHL-SBY June 24th at $359.20. Not bad.

The best buffet in Vegas in terms of value (not the best food, but the best food --> cost proposition) is Main Street Station.

If you want the best at all cost, give Bellagio a try.

Clue: Someone else told me recently that the Belagio was the best. I haven't been there either. I recall our breakfast buffet at Harrah's was $11.00 including drinks. I think if I get out there again I will try Belagio's. :D

I just returned tonight from LAS and I agree the T/A's and the G/A's were great and very friendly. Did a very quick R/T out last night and back tonight and had the same flight crew both ways, and they were as good as they come. My only concern was the F/A in first both ways didn't remember me from last night. I would have thought that having to look at my ugly face for five hours would have been enough to sear it in her memory. After all there are only eight of us up there these days. Sure didn't do much for the male ego! :D

When boarding the plane, I noticed LAS has ticket scanners. When I asked I was told they have had them for quite some time. I fly over 150 times a year on US and this in is the only station I can ever remember seeing them. Am I just a sleep when I get on the plane or are there other scanners in the system and I have never noticed them?

TPA also has them, and supposedly they are being introduced into the system in other stations shortly.