US Pilots Labor Discussion 10/13-- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
OK,
We are way overdue for a new pilots' thread for the period, so here you go.

Since we are STILL constantly reminding you to read the rules of the board posted atop every forum, apparently some of you still can't find them so here they are.

Therefore, you will see the rules posted below. Read them. Know them. Live them.. Most importantly, OBSERVE them.

1. No personal attacks, remarks, comments, insults, name calling etc. Posts should be aimed at a group, NOT an individual. If you want to have a dialog with a specific poster, take it to PM.

2. NO obscenities or objectionable language or words of any kind will be permitted--even if disguised by spelling or using symbols in place of letters. This is an automatic 14 day suspension.

3. NO material from other sites without WRITTEN permission of the author/publisher-FURTHERMORE letters, emails and other messages intended for an individual or limited group, copying and pasting of emails intended for specific labor groups is not permitted at ANY time.

4. NO materials from other sources (ie news, articles, etc.) without express written permission of the author or publisher. you MAY post a teaser paragraph with a link to the source, provided it does not violate rule number 7 below.

5. No SPAM. Anyone posting SPAM will be ridiculed, and banned, along with their IP address.

6. No unsubstantiated rumors, especially those which will elicit a harsh response. Any other type or rumors mentioned must be identified as such--rumors- especially within the title of a new thread about said subject.

7. No links or referrals to other websites without the permission of the admins-this applies mostly to commercial sites, but referrals to sites which are inflammatory would also qualify..

8. Only moderators or admins may begin labor threads on US Airways...meaning no duplicate threads.

9. No comments, complaints or other discussion of moderator actions in public threads-if you disagree with a moderator contact them privately. Questioning or complaining about moderator actions on line is an automatic 14 day suspension.

10. No identification of other posters by their real names attempted or otherwise without permission. This is an automatic 14 day suspension.

11. Members may have ONLY ONE screen name or persona. Posting under more than one screen name or creating a new account to skirt a suspension or other action can result in a permanent ban of ALL accounts, and ip addresses associated with that poster.

The moderators and administrators at AirlineForums.com will determine what constitutes a violation and act accordingly. We reserve the right to delete or edit entire posts, and to place members on moderator preview in addition to suspension.

Remember--if you are on moderator preview, your post must be read by a moderator or admin before it can become visible to the membership--and that can sometimes take time, as we are not on line 24/7. IF a pending post is found objectionable, the time spent in preview resets to a minimum of 14 days.

Here we go again. I say I never wanted a west job and you say that USAPA's scheme would furlough west pilots. Do you see the disconnect there? You keep putting words in my mouth and I don't appreciate it. Why do you have such a problem following along?

You support and defend USAPA and USAPA's plan steals West jobs, especially evident if we furlough.

The disconnect is in your thinking.

Reactions: 1 person
Heard Lee Moak is the new ALPA president.

So the Delta independent union movement is probably over with now that it has served its purpose.

You support and defend USAPA and USAPA's plan steals West jobs, especially evident if we furlough.

The disconnect is in your thinking.

Tell me oh wise one, exactly how do I support USAPA? What I have I told them about the seniority battle and other issues? I want to hear all you know about me and my actions so you can show us all how you have come to your conclusions.

The disconnect is in my thinking? Wow, no arrogance there.

Tell me oh wise one, exactly how do I support USAPA? What I have I told them about the seniority battle and other issues? I want to hear all you know about me and my actions so you can show us all how you have come to your conclusions.

The disconnect is in my thinking? Wow, no arrogance there.
Do you call the USAPA leadership daily and ask for a contract to vote on? If not, You might be a USAPA supporter....

Do you demand and Industry Standard pay raise in this decade? If not, You might be a USAPA supporter....

Do you believe USAPA should give the Profit Sharing to the East Pilots only (DFR)? If so, you might be a USAPA supporter...

Do you enjoy flying your little 737 up and down the East coast at the lowest payscale of a major airline? If so, you might be a USAPA supporter...

Do you think that its "OK" for USAPA to circumvent the NIC Award? If so, you might be a USAPA supporter....

Get the hint?

USAPA = Bad choice...

Reactions: 3 people
Do you call the USAPA leadership daily and ask for a contract to vote on? If not, You might be a USAPA supporter....

Do you demand and Industry Standard pay raise in this decade? If not, You might be a USAPA supporter....

Do you believe USAPA should give the Profit Sharing to the East Pilots only (DFR)? If so, you might be a USAPA supporter...

Do you enjoy flying your little 737 up and down the East coast at the lowest payscale of a major airline? If so, you might be a USAPA supporter...

Do you think that its "OK" for USAPA to circumvent the NIC Award? If so, you might be a USAPA supporter....

Get the hint?

USAPA = Bad choice...

Another smart one. Go ahead, you answer those questions for me and let's see which one gets them right first,you or the Trader.

No, the west had no obligation to change the Nic one comma, and they didn't, that's part of the reason we are where we are today.
Classic blame-the-victim mentality. A contract was 80% complete in 2007 when joint negotiations were ceased. Which side broke off during a booming economy? The East. The current time of profitability will likely slip away while the East continues delaying getting a new contract. Amazing. The East is shooting off its nose to spite its face.

Reactions: 3 people
Who flies the airplanes the West brought to the merger if we furlough a thousand pilots under USAPA's plan?

The Chinese are looking for hulls - probably end up over there.

Classic blame-the-victim mentality. A contract was 80% complete in 2007 when joint negotiations were ceased. Which side broke off during a booming economy? The East. The current time of profitability will likely slip away while the East continues delaying getting a new contract. Amazing. The East is shooting off its nose to spite its face.

Typical "I am a victim" mentality.

Reactions: 1 person
Thank you for acknowledging the fate Nic could bring.

Once again after telling me how I think, you fail to answer my questions about how I feel and operated with respect to USAPA. Let me ask you a few more questions about YOU and your dealings with USAPA:
1) Are you a member?
2) Are you a member in good standing?
3) If not, why?
4)If not, how does letting the so called liars and thieves run unchecked fit in with your high standard of right and wrong?
5) If not, you didn't to vote on things you complain about, right?
6) Do you, and have you always paid your dues as required by our contract, because one so worried about the right thing would certainly do what is required of him/her by their contract, right?

Looking forward to you answers and the other one I asked.
I know you are asking Traderjake. I'd like to answer.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. N/A
4. I am a member of the West class. Our voice has been stiffled, by design, so that we have little effect on the tyrrany called AFOUSAPA.
5. I do vote.
6. Yes. Doing the right thing, leading by example, taking charge, owning up to mistakes are all fine examples of how a person or group with INTEGRITY should act. USAPA has done the complete opposite.

A lot of East postings point out "well if this happened like this" or "we are doing the right thing by the CB&L, blah, blah...". All the while these decisions were made after the fact. These subsequent problems all stem from the East's decision to NOT HONOR their decision.

USAPA = what will we think of next?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.