US Pilots Labor Thread 4/7 to 4/14- ALL US Pilots Labor Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
Folks,

I decided to migrate last week's pilot thread a day early because it was beginning to cross the line of personal attacks and insults.

I will remind you all that the rules must be followed--discuss the ISSUES in the pilots' labor situation all you want, but DO NOT discuss, attack, insult or call names of any other POSTER.

The constant bickering and name calling does not reflect positively on what is supposedly such a professional group of people......so THINK before you post.

While we realize that this is a passionate and polarizing issue for many of you, please remember that this is a public board and ANYONE can read it.....

So PLEASE follow the rules....

Thank you.

I think BoeingBoy's contributions to this thread have been rational and within reason. Just because one may disagree with his perspective, it should not be considered an insult.

Like the saying goes, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

There is nothing wrong with the profile picture either.

Now back to the ping pong match.

Like the saying goes, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

I agree with that completely. I feel it's utterly ridiculous for anyone, ever engaged in "spirited discussion", to imagine themselves so "special" as to be improperly immune to equally "spirited" responses. This is all merely chat. ;)

PS: Ummm..having said that..It must fairly be noted that I'm hardly any proper poster child for diplomacy myself ;)

So what is new and interesting on the legal front. We are three weeks from trial and there should be a lot of behind-the-scenes actions with motions in limine, jury instructions, evidentiary matters, etc.

So what is new and interesting on the legal front. We are three weeks from trial and there should be a lot of behind-the-scenes actions with motions in limine, jury instructions, evidentiary matters, etc.

How about the Al Hemenway deposition where he made some dramatically different statements than was given at the crew news' by Doug or Kirby.

Well, we can see the need to hurry:

The airline no longer refers to Las Vegas as one of its primary destinations

Well, we can see the need to hurry:

The airline no longer refers to Las Vegas as one of its primary destinations

Indeed. The continued reductions in the west fully give the lie to the whole nic fantasy of what was to be "the future", within the momentarily fantasized, and entirely absurd "snapshot", from which all "seniority" was to be forever determined. Evidently; even that great Sage/Mage himself, much like any other mere mortals, hadn't even the tiniest of possible clues as to what was to actually be.....

Hey!..I've got a "relatively" great idea! = Let's take another "snapshot' right now!..or, better yet...perhaps in another say, six months or so!...after all...isn't it all "relative"? ;)

eastus,
Do you actually have a job, a life or any hobbies? Or do you do nothing but sit around spewing on this board all day every day of your life?

The snap shot has already been taken. The process was followed, and as you and your kind will soon find out, the result is FINAL AND BINDING.

Hey!..I've got a "relatively" great idea! = Let's take another "snapshot' right now!..or, better yet...perhaps in another say, six months or so!...after all...isn't it all "relative"? ;)
Indeed, like the late 80's, when HP was in BK and US was hiring.

That is why an easily changeable ranking depending on the whims of the "marketplace" or one person is so despicable. A ranking that depends on whether you or your "partner" can argue their respective cases better or not.

Pick a standard that management cannot mess with, DOH, for instance, and make that unshakeable and not open to "negotiation". Just make it something management cannot manipulate.

eastus,
Do you actually have a job, a life or any hobbies? Or do you do nothing but sit around spewing on this board all day every day of your life?

The snap shot has already been taken. The process was followed, and as you and your kind will soon find out, the result is FINAL AND BINDING.

1) My non-flying business keeps me at the computer a goodly amount. If it irritates you = Don't read the postings ;)
2) "FINAL AND BINDING"? = Sigh...you forgot to add the west's famous (pre-election of course) "You won't even get 200 cards!" :lol:
3) The clear, bottom line here is that you've not the slightest actual defense against any reasoned observations of just how insane the entire nic nonsense really is. Exactly why you're evidently so sensitive about that last...I'll leave up to you.

As for: "you and your kind"? = With every step taken; the west provides further proof that ever combining these two groups together in operational cockpits would be the work of only the truest forms of complete lunatics....

The clear, bottom line here is that you've not the slightest actual defense against any reasoned observations of just how insane the entire nic nonsense really is.

The arbitrator, the two pilot neutrals, and the Delta Northwest arbitrator panel say you're wrong.

What's insane is not to acknowledge that you're wrong in the face of overwhelming evidence.

of just how insane the entire nic nonsense really is. Exactly why you're evidently so sensitive about that last...I'll leave up to you.

As for: "you and your kind"? = With every step taken; the west provides further proof that ever combining these two groups together in operational cockpits would be the work of only the truest forms of complete lunatics....

The "insane Nic nonsense" has been caused by a group, unhappy with a result of a process that they agreed to, then not honoring their agreement. Period.

As far as combining these two groups in a cockpit, I'll have not problem with it, but with all the noise you have made over it, I believe you will.

The arbitrator, the two pilot neutrals, and the Delta Northwest arbitrator panel say you're wrong.

What's insane is not to acknowledge that you're wrong in the face of overwhelming evidence.

I'd thought to have previously covered the issue of the holy arbitrator's wholesale dysfunction as a soothsayer...upon which so much of the brilliant decision was made. Refresh the collective memory Trader = What were nic's notions about the future of the west operation again?...and...umm..What's really taking place out there instead?

The "insane Nic nonsense" has been caused by a group, unhappy with a result of a process that they agreed to, then not honoring their agreement. Period.

As far as combining these two groups in a cockpit, I'll have not problem with it, but with all the noise you have made over it, I believe you will.

1) In other words = As noted; You've not not the slightest, actually logical defense to offer for nic? What an utter surprise!
2) One never knows the future. I'd first be surprised if the combination ever actually happens. I could be entirely wrong there...It's happened before in my life ;)

1) In other words = As noted; You've not not the slightest, actually logical defense to offer for nic? What an utter surprise!

Everyone kept the job they brought to the merger.

What's illogical is furloughing a block holding West Captain before a Reserve East First Officer.

What's illogical is furloughing most of the West pilots before the bottom East pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.