US Pilots' Labor Thread 6/30-7/7 KEEP ON TOPIC-NO PERSONAL COMMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, on a purely pragmatic basis, without meaning any insult = How would/does it get any worse than it has been/is?

You could succeed in your attempt to steal the West pilot's jobs.

The company could go out of business.

The only thing worse than working here is not working here.

A new union has to honor by law any existing CBAs and Arbitration awards, changing unions does not relieve it of the obligations, as you just saw a Federal Jury ruled on it.
But the negotiating team can bargain what ever they want and put it out to vote if past its in the CBA.. The east and west pilots are still in transitions talks and soon to be section 6 talks

But you have to remember they cant bargain away an arbitration award that is not in the CBA, the arbitration was a inter-union matter, not between the company and the union.

And no they cant bargain away anything they want, just look at the Air Wisconsin arbitration.

But you have to remember they cant bargain away an arbitration award that is not in the CBA, the arbitration was a inter-union matter, not between the company and the union.

And no they cant bargain away anything they want, just look at the Air Wisconsin arbitration.
So arbitrations never become apart of a CAB? So the nic is just sitting out there waiting for a transition agreement? Can a federal judge in Arizona demand nic to be put in place indefinitely? FOREVER FOREVER Taking away all bargaining negotiating rights under the RLA

Yes it does matter who the parties are, it was not an arbitration between the company and the union in regard to the cba, it was an inter-union policy dispute, the company was not a party in the arbitration.

But the negotiating team can bargain what ever they want and put it out to vote if past its in the CBA.. The east and west pilots are still in transitions talks and soon to be section 6 talks

This reminds me of that scene in Austin Powers when Dr. Evil admonishes his son,

"You Just don't get it, do you Scott?"

Get over this "steal" crap. You sound like a broken record. I do not want a thing from the West. Not even their jumpseat.

:rolleyes:

1) Sorry, but I'm not the least bit interested in a west job.

2) So? Cheer up. You might be hit by a garbage truck on your way to the store someday...and all of your worries and frets would prove to be a complete waste.

3) Actually...I can think of a great many, far worse things than not working for this company. It seems that some have led very, very sheltered lives indeed.

This reminds me of that scene in Austin Powers when Dr. Evil admonishes his son,...

I simply can not imagine a finer basis upon which to establish either cogent argument or viable unionist philosophy.... :blink:

1) No one perishes in any tragic car crash....until the actual instant of impact. Up 'till that very harsh point in time, and even seconds before...everyone's just fine.

Within any context of unionism, at least that I can understand; Implications or assertions that some/any trade/class or craft members should ever be held as superior or more entitled/deserving than any others within that craft, based upon any supposed/whimsical "future" are inherently absurd. The whole "we saved you..so you owe us everything" was/is, well, equally nonsensical. It's long been my honest appraisal that such flawed thought's suitable only for rationalizing away questionable goals or behaviors at a personal or group level. Seriously; one might as well consult the nearest astrologer for any determination of seniority or other issues. That alpa "processes" pretty much do/did just exactly that's not the point :lol:

I hope all who had the chance for some real-life, quality time with friends and loved ones this holiday weekend took full advantage of the opportunity. :up: Life's too dang short, but sadly; we always can find time to "fight"....

And no one perishes in a tragic accident, if at the last second the drivers swerve and avoid collision.

I do not believe that the results of Nic and/or ALPA merger policy are based on a presumed future. Career expectation is a condition, not a forecast. Actual measurable conditions are used to determine ones expectation. For instance, on the day of the merger, Odell was working as the junior pilot at AWA, and US had thousands furloughed. If we used a strict DOH implementation Odell and the bottom 1100 AWA pilots would have been replaced by furloughed US pilots, who had absolutely no expectation of returning to work the next day. If we extrapolate this to other areas, some 900+ US F/Os would have upgraded the next day. Numerous West check airmen would have been furloughed and replaced, the next day. Obviously, no one had these career expectations.

Now USAPA had the idea DOH + C&Rs to maintain "career expectations". The same goal as ALPA merger policy. The difference is USAPA is a biased party and cannot determine those expectations unilateraly without harming the West. If USAPA's C&Rs were tailored to meet the conditions that existed because of the merger, and not the conditions to transfer expectations to the east, they might have worked. But the underlying basic principle that USAPA seeks is not "unionism" or "career expectation", it is east protectionism at the expense of the West.

Hi 700. I am not the spelling or grammar police, but this is an "intra-union" thing. "Intra" is within something, "Inter" is something between. Because they both mean something different I thought I would play grammar police this one time.

Regards...

Get over this "steal" crap. You sound like a broken record. I do not want a thing from the West. Not even their jumpseat.

Hawkhunter,

You may not want a thing from the West, but if you voted for USAPA, you have abetted those who wish to purloin from the West.

We'll take termination end date LOA 93, 70 million lump instead. The date is fast approaching TIC TIC TIC.

Uhhhhh....You will take what the court orders, pay what damages the court sees fit, negotiate a joint contract in good faith (or face further financial penalty). Perhaps that may include the 70 million held in trust until a new contract is ratified.

Uhhhhh....You will take what the court orders, pay what damages the court sees fit, negotiate a joint contract in good faith (or face further financial penalty). Perhaps that may include the 70 million held in trust until a new contract is ratified.
....and fly together happily ever after.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.