US Pricing

N628AU

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
www.usaviation.com
So I am booking a flight from CLT-LAX on Jan 3 returning Jan 6. Yahoo Fare search gives me $364 R/T on Orbitz. Wanting to minimize any fees, I look at my chosen flight routing (necessitated by work schedule), leaving CLT at 5:40, connecting in PHX to arrive in LAX at 11:30. I look up on UsAirways.com and get get $707 with alternate routings being $406? AmericaWest.com has the same Yahoo routing for $357, saving me the $7 in Orbitz fees.

I mean, really, what gives? I understood the whole United codeshare deal where you couldl sometimes find a lower priced flight on US metal through the UA site and vice versa due to the complex world of yield management and how many seats each carrier had in each fare class on each other's planes, but this is the same company now. Sheesh.

I can even understand the problems blending the software, which why I am giving them a pass on not being able to select seats on the US metal on this trip though the AmWest website. This fare deal needs to be looked into, however.