US to quietly start 2 new routes

FutureUScapt

Veteran
Dec 1, 2005
In classic US fashion, they forgot to issue a press release, but US and US Express will fly BOS-GCM and CLT-EYW. Both routes are Sat. only.

BOS-GCM (Starts 1/12/08)
800a 1212p US1735 0 319
GCM-BOS
105p 453p US1734 0 319

This winter US will fly from BOS to AUA, CUN, GCM, MBJ, NAS, PUJ, and SJU. All routes are weekend only except for SJU which is DLY + extra Sat/Sun service

CLT-EYW (Starts 2/16/08)
1125a 139p US3459* 0 E70
EYW-CLT
304p 505p US3354* 0 E70

*Operated by Republic

IMO, this makes a lot of sense as US can connect many more people in CLT than it can through its current service via MCO and FLL. Would be nice to see it go daily eventually.

And then WN will come in and take over the market. seriously. How do we expect to compete when we only get planes out of there on time, HALF the time, and lose their baggage?

In classic US fashion, they forgot to issue a press release, but US and US Express will fly BOS-GCM and CLT-EYW. Both routes are Sat. only.

BOS-GCM (Starts 1/12/08)
800a 1212p US1735 0 319
GCM-BOS
105p 453p US1734 0 319

This winter US will fly from BOS to AUA, CUN, GCM, MBJ, NAS, PUJ, and SJU. All routes are weekend only except for SJU which is DLY + extra Sat/Sun service

CLT-EYW (Starts 2/16/08)
1125a 139p US3459* 0 E70
EYW-CLT
304p 505p US3354* 0 E70

*Operated by Republic

IMO, this makes a lot of sense as US can connect many more people in CLT than it can through its current service via MCO and FLL. Would be nice to see it go daily eventually.

Anyone know what kind of restrictions the E170 would have leaving EYW back to CLT?

Weekend only flights never work for my travel schedules, and i bet not for lots of other people's.

CLT-EYW can operate with a full boat. EYW-CLT should be OK as long as there aren't more than 80 bags & there are decent winds.... I've personally sent out E70s from EYW with 9,000 in gas, 72 pax, and 130 bags and it still only used 3,500 feet of pavement on takeoff. Then again, saturdays aren't the PEAK departure days... Sunday / Monday tend to be the heaviest days.

We had PSA do a few extra sections CLT/EYW/CLT with the CRJ 700 and we only had minor payload hits.

I noticed for the winter all EYW flights get upgraded from the CRJ-200 to the E-170 on Saturdays only. We in LGA are very dissapointed a little bit of the BOS Saturday only flying could not have been given to LGA. This winter Saturdays we only have NAS and FPO. Yes we are limited to preclearance airports so PUJ/GCM and CUN are out, but as recently as two winters ago we flew nonstop to AUA, STT, and 2 X SJU, plus NAS and FPO. Most using 319's from reduced Shuttle flying. While there may be enough demand for 2 BOS-SJU's on Saturdays I would think 1 from BOS and 1 from LGA would have higher rev. potiental. LGA-SJU had many Puerto Rican-New Yorkers using it who where willing to pay a premium to fly out of LGA instead of JFK. And for those of you who don't live in or follow NYC we do have a few Puerto Rican's living here, a few million that is. I guess that's why the 320 and 319 where both full and I was told, proffitable.

Respectfully,

LGA777

LGA,

one thing we all need to grasp is that the management running this ship isn't from CCY... nor are 85% of the employees in CHQ. This includes (Market) Planning group. I think the only department that moved more than 50% of their workforce was Alliances, and that's because HP has little to no experience in international.

So, all these "jewel" routes flown by US on a seasonal basis may not be easily picked up by the current infrastructure. They may look at the basics of these routes and not have historical data readily available in the formats they are accustomed to use...

Weekend only flights never work for my travel schedules, and i bet not for lots of other people's.

Especially when it snows on weekends, as it's doing today.

BOS-AUA CX'D

BOS-CUN RTG

BOS-SJU (early) RTG

Other than SJU, no more flights until next weekend.

"But we saved up all year for this vacation!"

Most using 319's from reduced Shuttle flying. While there may be enough demand for 2 BOS-SJU's on Saturdays I would think 1 from BOS and 1 from LGA would have higher rev. potiental. LGA-SJU had many Puerto Rican-New Yorkers using it who where willing to pay a premium to fly out of LGA instead of JFK. And for those of you who don't live in or follow NYC we do have a few Puerto Rican's living here, a few million that is. I guess that's why the 320 and 319 where both full and I was told, proffitable.

Respectfully,

LGA777

And what about the seat-mile cost comparison of sending two 319's from BOS or LGA to SJU, instead of one 767? Especially in the winter, when the 767 is not needed for T/A. (The BOS-SJU flights depart within 2½ hours of each other.)

Probably the same bean counter who is convinced that it's better to use two airplanes, two crews, three ground stations, and a billion dollars worth of extra fuel and de-icing fluid to get a family of four from BOS or LGA to MCO, instead of flying non-stop like every other airline does.

BOS-GCM (Starts 1/12/08)
800a 1212p US1735 0 319
GCM-BOS
105p 453p US1734 0 319

CLT-EYW (Starts 2/16/08)
1125a 139p US3459* 0 E70
EYW-CLT
304p 505p US3354* 0 E70

*Operated by Republic

Is BOS-GCM definite? I've checked out USAirways.com and the route map and this flight does not pull up. It's still in catcrew though with a BOS crew scheduled to work this flight beginning Jan 12, 08. It looks they may have pulled this flight before it even begins.

Is BOS-GCM definite? I've checked out USAirways.com and the route map and this flight does not pull up. It's still in catcrew though with a BOS crew scheduled to work this flight beginning Jan 12, 08. It looks they may have pulled this flight before it even begins.

This is the same usairways.com that wouldn't recognize DAB as a valid city until three days after the press release went out. :blink:

This is the same usairways.com that wouldn't recognize DAB as a valid city until three days after the press release went out. :blink:
The reason I question it is because up until a couple weeks ago, you could book this flight and it was displayed on the route map. It doesn't pull up on the ETC either.

The reason I question it is because up until a couple weeks ago, you could book this flight and it was displayed on the route map. It doesn't pull up on the ETC either.

Are you sure you're looking at the right dates? I'm having no problem finding it through either the booking or timetable feature on usairways.com or through the ETC on theHub. I don't believe the schedules are accurate past 3/1, so if you're looking past those dates, that might be part of the problem.

Are you sure you're looking at the right dates? I'm having no problem finding it through either the booking or timetable feature on usairways.com or through the ETC on theHub. I don't believe the schedules are accurate past 3/1, so if you're looking past those dates, that might be part of the problem.
It appears to be back. Glad to see it. Not sure why it wasn't their last week. I definitely put in the right dates and times. Now if we could only get some transatlantic flying out of Boston.. wishful thinking I guess.

Latest posts