vantheman63

Senior
Aug 30, 2007
PVD
Visit site
US Airways Itinerary Details
----------------------------------------------------------
Sat., Mar. 01, 2008:
US Flight 1521 B734 departing PVD at 6:30 AM arriving CLT at 8:42 AM, Seats 2D, F
US Flight 1131 A319 departing CLT at 9:40 AM arriving BGI at 3:33 PM, Seat 2D, F

Sat., Mar. 22, 2008:
US Flight 1130 A319 departing BGI at 3:30 PM arriving CLT at 8:15 PM, Seats 2D, F
US Flight 1294 B733 departing CLT at 9:59 PM arriving PVD at 11:50 PM, Seats 2D, F
Total Trip Cost: $2,573.72 (2 Tickets)
Actual Airfare Paid: $2,390 or $1,195 each
Actual Miles Flown: 5,424 (R/T)
Yield per Ticket: $0.22 per mile
Taxes & Fees Paid: $91.86 per ticket, $183.72 total (7% of total)

Purchased via my "Personal Liason" as the web site would not take money the day I wanted to get this done. And before anyone says, "you know better then to buy F Class from this airline!" I bought these last May....before it was SUPER obvious this airline was in full "service melt-down mode."

Checked in on line and got to PVD a little early as we were checking cases of wine along wiht other stuff to bring here to the crib. VERY good thing we gave ourselves the extra time, we needed it.

US Flight 1521 - By the time they were done opening EVERY box, swabbing it and re-taping/packaging and then getting through security, we got right on the aircraft. TOTALLY full. The G/As who we're very friendly with were asking for "volunteers." The wife sat down and the first thing she noticed, the seat was broken....so was mine. But hers was REALLY broken. She stood up and I popped the seat cushion off, what happened was the entire structure on the back, right side of the seat was blown out. So, what was happening was she was forced to sit sort of curled up. Her feet would not touch the ground.

We debated whether or not to tell anyone and I asked her "is it unbearable?" She said SUPER uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I was concerned, with a full flight, we might be taken off the flight as we wouldn't have another seat and this HAD to have been a safety issue.

My seat was the same, but not quite blown out that badly. Extremely uncomfortable.

Across the aisle, there were 2 or 3 rolls of duct tape (lots and sloppy) on seat 2A holding the pouch that holds the safety card and magazine. Just STUPID looking. (Sorry I could not take a picture...just too crowded.)

The F/A was something from a TV sitcom. Inappropriate in EVERY way. Shirt unbottoned down to his lower chest so we could see more gray hairs then you could imagine. And as we are taxing out to the runway, he tells the couple in 1A & 1C they need to put their bags up in the overheads....AND MAKES THEM DO IT!!! ON AN ACTIVE TAXIWAY!!! We were in shock!

Of course, once in the air, the service stunk...the guy came around and said, "yeah, whadda ya want?" The wife, being a former F/A actually welled up and had a tear in her eye as she was proud of her profession...this took it to the lowest level we've ever seen. After the one service, we didn't see the guy again.

Absolutely, ridiculous, obnoxious, obscene, stupid service.....and we paid for it...never again.

We got into CLT early....gate B14 and we were leaving from B12 (or vice versa)

US Flight 1131 - Got on this flight. Pleasent crew. The wife wasn't impressed by how the service was executed, but it didn't bother me. (The F/A took all orders on the ground for brunch) The aircraft was in better shape and the crew a 100% improvement. Pushed a minute or two late....and once in the air, the credit card soliciting and movie started. This F/A was REALLY pushing the credit cards. I understand that, 5 people saying "yes" is $250 in their pocket.

The food, for me, was awful. A choice of quiche made with goat cheese or a cheese deli platter. US Airways is ALL about the cheese. GOD!!! They serve NOTHING without cheese.....and I can't eat the stuff. I ordered the quiche 'cause I didn't know it had goat cheese...it came to the seat and I could smell it...so all I had was a salad and the roll. The L&T, SBH tasted it and said, "don't eat it, you'll be sick quickly." Cheese must be cheap, 'cause all US serves is cheese, cheese, cheese. If you like it, you are in luck!

Arrived a little late in BGI and then got off the airplane and had fun getting through customs. I had enough wine, they were all over me like white on rice.

My absolute, positive LAST time I pay US for any premium product. I can't say I won't fly them again as there will be somewhere I'll need to go and get there on them....but I won't be paying more then $0.08 a mile.

3 D.O.T.s filed. One each for the busted seats and one for the sit-com/cartoon character F/A who made the folks in 1A and 1C put their wn stuff away on an active taxiwy, thus endagering those around them.

Look at the bright side , you made it down there didn't you. I wish I had 3 weeks to go somewhere.

US Airways Itinerary Details
Sat., Mar. 01, 2008:
US Flight 1521 B734 departing PVD at 6:30 AM arriving CLT at 8:42 AM, Seats 2D, F
US Flight 1131 A319 departing CLT at 9:40 AM arriving BGI at 3:33 PM, Seat 2D, F

Sat., Mar. 22, 2008:
US Flight 1130 A319 departing BGI at 3:30 PM arriving CLT at 8:15 PM, Seats 2D, F
US Flight 1294 B733 departing CLT at 9:59 PM arriving PVD at 11:50 PM, Seats 2D, F
Total Trip Cost: $2,573.72 (2 Tickets)
Actual Airfare Paid: $2,390 or $1,195 each
Actual Miles Flown: 5,424 (R/T)
Yield per Ticket: $0.22 per mile
Taxes & Fees Paid: $91.86 per ticket, $183.72 total (7% of total)

Purchased via my "Personal Liason" as the web site would not take money the day I wanted to get this done. And before anyone says, "you know better then to buy F Class from this airline!" I bought these last May....before it was SUPER obvious this airline was in full "service melt-down mode."

Checked in on line and got to PVD a little early as we were checking cases of wine along wiht other stuff to bring here to the crib. VERY good thing we gave ourselves the extra time, we needed it.

US Flight 1521 - By the time they were done opening EVERY box, swabbing it and re-taping/packaging and then getting through security, we got right on the aircraft. TOTALLY full. The G/As who we're very friendly with were asking for "volunteers." The wife sat down and the first thing she noticed, the seat was broken....so was mine. But hers was REALLY broken. She stood up and I popped the seat cushion off, what happened was the entire structure on the back, right side of the seat was blown out. So, what was happening was she was forced to sit sort of curled up. Her feet would not touch the ground.

We debated whether or not to tell anyone and I asked her "is it unbearable?" She said SUPER uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I was concerned, with a full flight, we might be taken off the flight as we wouldn't have another seat and this HAD to have been a safety issue.

My seat was the same, but not quite blown out that badly. Extremely uncomfortable.

Across the aisle, there were 2 or 3 rolls of duct tape (lots and sloppy) on seat 2A holding the pouch that holds the safety card and magazine. Just STUPID looking. (Sorry I could not take a picture...just too crowded.)

The F/A was something from a TV sitcom. Inappropriate in EVERY way. Shirt unbottoned down to his lower chest so we could see more gray hairs then you could imagine. And as we are taxing out to the runway, he tells the couple in 1A & 1C they need to put their bags up in the overheads....AND MAKES THEM DO IT!!! ON AN ACTIVE TAXIWAY!!! We were in shock!

Of course, once in the air, the service stunk...the guy came around and said, "yeah, whadda ya want?" The wife, being a former F/A actually welled up and had a tear in her eye as she was proud of her profession...this took it to the lowest level we've ever seen. After the one service, we didn't see the guy again.

Absolutely, ridiculous, obnoxious, obscene, stupid service.....and we paid for it...never again.

We got into CLT early....gate B14 and we were leaving from B12 (or vice versa)

US Flight 1131 - Got on this flight. Pleasent crew. The wife wasn't impressed by how the service was executed, but it didn't bother me. (The F/A took all orders on the ground for brunch) The aircraft was in better shape and the crew a 100% improvement. Pushed a minute or two late....and once in the air, the credit card soliciting and movie started. This F/A was REALLY pushing the credit cards. I understand that, 5 people saying "yes" is $250 in their pocket.

The food, for me, was awful. A choice of quiche made with goat cheese or a cheese deli platter. US Airways is ALL about the cheese. GOD!!! They serve NOTHING without cheese.....and I can't eat the stuff. I ordered the quiche 'cause I didn't know it had goat cheese...it came to the seat and I could smell it...so all I had was a salad and the roll. The L&T, SBH tasted it and said, "don't eat it, you'll be sick quickly." Cheese must be cheap, 'cause all US serves is cheese, cheese, cheese. If you like it, you are in luck!

Arrived a little late in BGI and then got off the airplane and had fun getting through customs. I had enough wine, they were all over me like white on rice.

My absolute, positive LAST time I pay US for any premium product. I can't say I won't fly them again as there will be somewhere I'll need to go and get there on them....but I won't be paying more then $0.08 a mile.

3 D.O.T.s filed. One each for the busted seats and one for the sit-com/cartoon character F/A who made the folks in 1A and 1C put their wn stuff away on an active taxiwy, thus endagering those around them.

Management sure does watch this site. They've pulled all info about Flt. 1521 from catcrew.

Management sure does watch this site. They've pulled all info about Flt. 1521 from catcrew.

You just made me realize something....I pulled that from my Outlook 'cause I loaded that into my outlook when I bought the ticket, last May 2007.

The flight number changed to 1669.....somewhere along the line....

I was on 1669 PVD-CLT

I am surprised that the catering from BGI was so lousy. They used to have good meals out of BGI because it was local. I had a snapper once and it was pretty good.

EDITED: OOOOPS, sorry, misread. You haven't even take the return trip yet. Unless things have changed, catering back should be decent.

Regarding the meals, I believe they are the not locally catered anymore.

Our AUA-PHL was catered with food that came on the way down. I'm guessing that our 319 had 24 meals loaded, 12 for PHL-AUA and 12 for the AUA-PHL flight. Coach Buy-On-Board was limited due to the fact that they sell whatever was left from the flight on the way down.

The new meals are a real improvement. If the OP gets dinner on the way back he will be pleasantly surprised. It will be Chicken or Salmon. I will be on a brunch flight in a couple of days and will get a chance to eat the cheesy stuff, good thing I don't mind cheese. But I agree with Van, there should be a second cheese-less option, maybe cold cuts or fruit/veggie plate?

Sorry that your PVD-CLT leg was such a disappointment. Most of us F/A's are quite embarassed by the condition of our a/c -- especailly the East 737's, but that's still no excuse for sub-standard service. Please, at least understand that we have very litte to work with in "first" Class (or coach) anymore. I'm glad that the crew from CLT to BGI was better -- although I do understand your "beef" (oh, for the good old days of the filet in F/C) with the menu. I just worked a trans-con flight and had to figure out how to make the choice of hot chicken and cheese on soggy bread, or cold chicken and cheese on soggy lettuce sound even OK (I'm sure I used words like "hoggie" and "served with fresh madarin orange slices" -- like I said, not much to work with anymore). I can't say that I'd blame you if you chose another carrier's product next time. I hope the vacation was fun, though. Safe Travels!

EDITED: OOOOPS, sorry, misread. You haven't even take the return trip yet. Unless things have changed, catering back should be decent.

You are exactly right US1YFARE.....we have a second home here and try to get down at least 2 times a year and we've found the catering to always be superior OUT of BGI.

The last time we were through here the salad alone was almost a meal...

The new meals are a real improvement.

The new meals suck. I can't believe anyone can say anything good about them.

Below is a SNACK on a CO from CLE-BOS. You think this is even a close comparison? The flight is about 1 hour 10 mins in the air. As a side note, US should learn that melon is not the only fruit. CO served pineapple, grapes, and mango with melon. The salad was a sizeable grilled chicken salad. You can see the rest. US is a joke.

View attachment 7283[

Look at the bright side , you made it down there didn't you. I wish I had 3 weeks to go somewhere.

Yeah...and I am working and relaxing. I have high speed internet and phone...so none of my clients or customers are missing anything.

That doesn't mean I should "feel good" about spending $0.22 a mile and seeing duct tape everywhere, cartoon/sit-com characters offering poor service.

And again, I have to side with US1YFARE....the offerings on CO really just blow away anything on US....I have 50 pics of those meals as well...oh, what the heck....I can't resist....

Here's a flight on CO I took from TPA-EWR
View attachment 7284

And here's one I took from EWR-MCI
View attachment 7285

And here's are 2 of the courses I had SFO-EWR....
View attachment 7287View attachment 7290

Someone please explain to management how CO can offer all of that to the customer for virtually the same price as US yet we offer what we do. AND 15 million dollar a year glassware. :rolleyes: I mean really.

I think the improved meals on US are fine. The problem is that the other major carriers' offerings are still far superior. And they serve meals or snacks on mid-cons and shorter hauls, as well. So it's not just a matter of the quality of US's offerings improving from "bordering on unacceptable" to "acceptable." It's a matter of US equalling or at least coming close to what their competitors offer. That's why CO can actually sell their F seats, and people don't de-plane feeling all ripped off.

OK so maybe I'm wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, but let's see if I can see this gripe from my point of view. The torches and pitchforks are distributed in the back of the plane and I have lit the signals' effigy to be burned during our peasant attack :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am confused because I heard US did away with inflight meals years ago. But that is neither here nor there. A humorous story...when B6 started flying at a local airport, I heard they only offered 'blue'-gag me-chips. You were allowed to bring food at the time. So I stopped at Burger King and took my food aboard and almost caused a riot! Get your own, buddy :eek:

Another thing I need clarified is...Doesn't the airport concession supply those good old airline meals? Maybe if you fly PHL-JFK, for example, you get crap as opposed if you fly PIT-LAX, for example. I think it depends on the food supplier at a particular airport not the airlines, but correct me on your screwed up industry, PLEASE!

Then the 'healthier food' is nothing more than an expensive McDonald's rip-off! Maybe someone should make a Supersize Me film about US Airways.

Passengers as a whole realize that sacrificing meals for price is totally worth it. Continental may not tell you, but you probably end up paying $50 for grapes and peaches. I'll wait and eat caviar at my destination for that price, or bring a bag lunch!