US Travel Advisory for This Weekend

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
US Travel Advisory April 2007

April Snow Storm

Cities Affected: Ottawa, Canada (YOW); Toronto, Canada (YYZ); Montreal, Canada (YUL); Hartford/Springfield, CT (BDL); New Haven, CT (HVN); Augusta, ME (AUG); Bangor, ME (BGR); Bar Harbor, ME (BHB); Portland, ME (PWM); Presque Isle, ME (PQI); Rockland, ME (RKD); Boston, MA (BOS); Hyannis, MA (HYA); Martha's Vineyard, MA (MVY); Nantucket, MA (ACK); Lebanon, NH (LEB); Manchester, NH (MHT); Newark, NJ (EWR); Albany, NY (ALB); Binghamton, NY (BGM); Buffalo, NY (BUF); Elmira, NY (ELM); Islip, NY (ISP); Ithaca, NY (ITH); Jamestown, NY (JHW); Massena, NY (MSS); New York, NY (LGA); Newburgh, NY (SWF); Ogdensburg, NY (OGS); Rochester, NY (ROC); Syracuse, NY (SYR); Watertown, NY (ART); White Plains, NY (HPN); Allentown, PA (ABE); Philadelphia, PA (PHL); Scranton, PA (AVP); Providence, RI (PVD); Burlington, VT (BTV)
Date Range: 4/12/2007 1:00 PM ET through 4/16/2007 12:00 AM ET
Revised Ticket Policy: US Airways has relaxed ticketing policies for these markets, which are affected by bad weather. US Airways will waive the standard change fee, advance reservation and ticketing requirements for customers with travel to, from or through these markets on the dates above. See our revised ticketing policy below for rules and restrictions. Call 800-428-4322 for more information.
If US Airways service continues to operate to the affected destinations, you can make certain changes without incurring the standard change fee, advance reservation or ticketing requirements:

You can move your entire itinerary up to seven days before or after the scheduled origination date, although you cannot alter the length of your trip.
You can apply the full value of your wholly unused tickets toward the purchase of a ticket to an alternate destination, although travel must originate within seven days of the scheduled origination date.
Terms and Conditions:
Customers traveling on certain tickets – such as some available from third-party ticket discounters, including but not limited to discount travel web sites – may not have all elements of the policy available to them. Tickets issued by US Airways for travel on airlines other than US Airways, America West, US Airways Shuttle or US Airways Express will follow the rules of the airline operating the flight(s).

Itinerary changes are subject to availability, and in certain cases, an additional collection fee. Customers will be able to stand by for alternate flights without incurring the standby fee if a satisfactory alternate itinerary cannot be confirmed.

The Part Highlighted in BOLD, You can move the Entire Itinerary up Seven Days.

How can that be possible? Templates the must use, but even the best weatherman generally can't predict/bullsh!t a storm that far off.

But I think its a good idea that US Airways posted this early.

Although I will be driving from Chicago back home tonite. I should say my associate will be doing the driving. We should get back before it gets nasty. He can drive straight thru. I'll be asleep. Just the bad thing is we are coming back in a 2005 Ford Expedition, just hate to see what the gas bill is going to be. I came out here last week with a Honda Accord and that was good on gas. This is a company truck, so I'll charge it on the company. lol.