Us Traveling Hp

bootRiggle

Aug 30, 2005
PER US TRAVEL OFFICE, FOR A US EMPLOYEE TO TRAVEL ON HP(NOW US), CALL 1-800-235-9292(HP RESERVATIONS) ADN THEY WILL LIST YOU ON THE FLIGHT. I DID SO TODAY AND LET ME TELL YOU, THEY SPOKE ENGLISH(YOU ACTUALLY SPOKE TO A US CITIZEN) ADN THE RES AGENT I SPOKE WITH WAS EXCELLENT. SHE WAS SO HELPFUL, I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EARS. THEY EXPLAIN THE WHOLE DEAL TO YOU.

whisper mode

and also per "press 4 for travel", extended travel benefits (e.g. travel on awa segments) is not currently available for furloughees...look for something after the first of the year

i know that this has all been said before

:rolleyes:

Actually, 1800 894 PASS (7277) is the rez number for Non-Rev travel.
It'll que you up behind revenue. If you call during the day, there isn't usually a wait. If you call at night, you will be on hold alittle while.
But if they are really busy, they may lecture you if you don't route thru the pass line.

Thanks boot--yes we love you guys and we are either in phx or rno. Now, can you help me please. my son is a non dependent on my benefits at HP--us--whoever--he still flies on my pass. However I am retired from US. that's why I need to tell you where and how he's flying. He needs to go from BIL to PHX on HP then PHX to Clt to Avl on US. which benefit should he use. Can he fly now as a non dependent on us?? or does he have to use one of my buddy passes at us??
No one can come up with an answer--including me. This is so funny!!! I'm tvling to fly from rno to denver then on to ric then ric to bil. With many many stops. Not sure which benefits I'm using either!!!
Ya'll have a good day and come back and see us ya hear!!! :up: :up: :up: :blink:

drifterreno said:
Thanks boot--yes we love you guys and we are either in phx or rno. Now, can you help me please. my son is a non dependent on my benefits at HP--us--whoever--he still flies on my pass. However I am retired from US. that's why I need to tell you where and how he's flying. He needs to go from BIL to PHX on HP then PHX to Clt to Avl on US. which benefit should he use. Can he fly now as a non dependent on us?? or does he have to use one of my buddy passes at us??
No one can come up with an answer--including me. This is so funny!!! I'm tvling to fly from rno to denver then on to ric then ric to bil. With many many stops. Not sure which benefits I'm using either!!!
Ya'll have a good day and come back and see us ya hear!!! :up: :up: :up: :blink:
[post="309160"][/post]​

HP non-dependent children are not eligible yet to fly on US-operated aircraft until the early 2006 phase of the travel program when everything is automated. HP-operated flights only allowed right now for that group. US has never had a non-dependent child category so that is a new feature for them.

Which pass department do we call now with questions?
Does US still call CCY or PHX and vice versa?
I called AWA to check on a flight. Very pleasant lady and very helpful.

Justme said:
whisper mode

and also per "press 4 for travel", extended travel benefits (e.g. travel on awa segments) is not currently available for furloughees...look for something after the first of the year

i know that this has all been said before

:rolleyes:
[post="309144"][/post]​
why are furloughees (invol. and vol. alike) such an apparent burden to the new employee travel program? it seems the old usairways, or, pardon--using the emerging parlance--usairways east, embraced those with this status with much higher level of visibility and acknowledgement, at least as it relates to travel privileges. there has still, to my knowledge, not been any clarity offered surrounding our fate under the fully implemented new travel program. an entirely frustrating situation, particualrly for those of us who actually want to return!!!

Everyone is getting a bit ahead of themselves.
Currently there are only 2 real changes.
1) We can fly on each other with an ID100 ticket.
2) US East can dress casualy, that is about it.
Everything else is still AWA on HP and Airways on US

UPNAWAY said:
Everyone is getting a bit ahead of themselves.
with all due respect, it is hard not to get ahead of yourself when you are looking down the barrell of losing something you value a great deal and for no logical or apparent reason...the culture of tyranny and suspicion (airways east), at least from this vantage (which has much larger trust implications than travel privileges, please see: some of us actually want to return. i wonder if that promise will vanish, as well...) seems preferable to an arbitrary and selectively inclusive culture. i apologize for being pessimistic; i regret having to be so... but, to be sure, this is merely a microcosm of what those maa folks are going through. now would be a good time for a culture of healing, first and foremost!

bootRiggle said:
PER US TRAVEL OFFICE, FOR A US EMPLOYEE TO TRAVEL ON HP(NOW US), CALL 1-800-235-9292(HP RESERVATIONS) ADN THEY WILL LIST YOU ON THE FLIGHT. I DID SO TODAY AND LET ME TELL YOU, THEY SPOKE ENGLISH(YOU ACTUALLY SPOKE TO A US CITIZEN) ADN THE RES AGENT I SPOKE WITH WAS EXCELLENT. SHE WAS SO HELPFUL, I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EARS. THEY EXPLAIN THE WHOLE DEAL TO YOU.
[post="309135"][/post]​

Our agents especially if you get Reno res are so great!!

desertgal said:
Actually, 1800 894 PASS (7277) is the rez number for Non-Rev travel.
It'll que you up behind revenue. If you call during the day, there isn't usually a wait. If you call at night, you will be on hold alittle while.
But if they are really busy, they may lecture you if you don't route thru the pass line.
[post="309149"][/post]​

That's an interesting way to do it. Queue up behind revenue. Does this mean if I've been holding for a half hour and I'm next in line, a few revenue calls will just push me backwards?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

I'm glad I have a speakerphone. I'll just call the toll-free non-rev number and let the long distance charges burn through the company's cash while I go about my business on speakerphone hold. I can waste HOURS of the company's long distance money this way. Res agents: Please speak up so that I can hear you answer at 2AM after 9 hours on hold waiting for the "slow period."

Your nickel; take your time.

I am a commuter and it used to take forever to get through to the pass line to list for my flights....I would end up hanging up after waiting 20 minutes. The past couple of months my calls have been answered in 30 seconds or less. I'm not sure if they put a designated person on the pass line again or what...but it's a nice change....and the gate agents always appreciate it when you show up and you're already listed.

hpflygirl said:
I am a commuter and it used to take forever to get through to the pass line to list for my flights....I would end up hanging up after waiting 20 minutes. The past couple of months my calls have been answered in 30 seconds or less. I'm not sure if they put a designated person on the pass line again or what...but it's a nice change....and the gate agents always appreciate it when you show up and you're already listed.
[post="310791"][/post]​

Maybe the USAirways systems will be kept in place and be used for everyone sooner, rather than later.

We can list online or using an automated telephone system. Online we can even list companion-pass riders. Additionally, we can check loads using these same systems. I don't have to talk to a USAirways res agent at all to pass ride.

nycbusdriver said:
Maybe the USAirways systems will be kept in place and be used for everyone sooner, rather than later.

We can list online or using an automated telephone system.  Online we can even list companion-pass riders.  Additionally, we can check loads using these same systems.  I don't have to talk to a USAirways res agent at all to pass ride.
[post="310811"][/post]​
It has already been communicated by mgmnt that an online do-it-yourself employee listing site will be available for all in the near future.

And, hpflygirl, I have noticed a big improvement this year, too.

we used to get lined up behind revunue now we are just gated and slotted. Also another reason to have that line in place is that when we call res a thru that number a prompt comes in the agents ear letting them know its a pass traveler.