yesterday. A hearty "Well Done" to the flight and
cabin crews who came through for us on this critical
task. Passing this FAA exercise allows us to start
flying over water, which means at the end of October,
we will fly a shorter route from Phoenix to Cancun,
resulting in significant cost savings. It also allows
us to begin our service from Phoenix to Honolulu in
December. "good job guys!!! congrats. "
I too wish to congratulate US West on their passing the ETOPS Eval. Way to go. Just another example of a great crew and group of people. I look forward to flyoing with all of you someday. Or at least sharing a few "beverages" on an RON. Good job all.

Congratulations to the crews involved in this exercise!
I have been avoiding adding any threads as of late, but someone had to go and ask "how many attempts?"
Now why would that matter? They passed, they did a great job, and we are all relieved that it is over.

It was the 3rd attempt and the 3rd time was definetely a charm! :)

We prayed, prayed, prayed and gave them major support !

:up:

I have been avoiding adding any threads as of late, but someone had to go and ask "how many attempts?"
Now why would that matter? They passed, they did a great job, and we are all relieved that it is over.

I agree Hula Girl...it's not how many, the fact is they got the job done. There was a great amount of tension going around the Hanger on Thursday before the test and everyone was relieved we made it...we were all pulling for them. This is a big deal. Now we can fly the ETOPS 757s originally scheduled without juggling schedules and the sort, or worse refunding tickets. WAY TO GO ETOPS TEAM! :up:

I agree Hula Girl...it's not how many, the fact is they got the job done. There was a great amount of tension going around the Hanger on Thursday before the test and everyone was relieved we made it...we were all pulling for them. This is a big deal. Now we can fly the ETOPS 757s originally scheduled without juggling schedules and the sort, or worse refunding tickets. WAY TO GO ETOPS TEAM! :up:
well, i don't know about refunding tickets. i think that if the us/west f/a's would have failed a 3rd time. you would have seen the us /east f/a's working that hnl flt using the 767. there is no way that usairways would have cancelled that service knowing they have access to f/a' that are already trained in etops flying and also etops a/c ala 767 and a330. but eitherway it's the us/west f/a's who deserve to do it. way to go guys.

I do not know who this poster is but it is not me. I just worry that things may be attributed to me that I have not posted and do not really like someone registering a name on this forum that is already in use.

you would have seen the us /east f/a's working that hnl flt using the 767. there is no way that usairways would have cancelled that service knowing they have access to f/a' that are already trained in etops flying and also etops a/c ala 767 and a330. but eitherway it's the us/west f/a's who deserve to do it. way to go guys.

Yeah, I did hear the 767s would have been considered. Any change in using the 757s would have put a crimp in operations and hats off to the guys and gals who made it happen.

These exercises are very stressful, so congrats to US West. Enjoy the Hawaii flights. Will they be layovers or turns? When we first started flying to the caribbean alot over at US East, we had awesome island layovers. Now most are turns...darn good paying turns...but few if any layovers. Would you guys rather HAVE layovers or high time one day turns for this?

Also, I have Jan off and am thinking of going to Hawaii. I have been told that contrary to popular believe, high season from the states is actually in the summer, since the distance is a once in a lifetime trip for most (east) coast Americans and that winter traffic is less busy. Is this true? Which island would be less risky flight loads wise? If there are any Hawaii residences reading this or readers from longtime airline providers to Hawaii, let me know. Thanks.

BTW, who cares if passed on 1st attempt or third. I still stress each year at recurrent shouting those commands. I can't imaging what this group went through.

Just curious, what is required to pass the test? It sounds like a lot of people and an a lot of training are required. Can anyone provide more as to what the test entails?

I do not know who this poster is but it is not me. I just worry that things may be attributed to me that I have not posted and do not really like someone registering a name on this forum that is already in use.
Sorry about that--it let me register under that identity! There are several identities that are similar, but not exact, so due to the small differences (you have 2 seperate words, and spaced apart) it was probably approved. I certainly don't want you to catch the grief that I am!

Latest posts