USA and EU to relax open skies

cubfan

Senior
Oct 6, 2008
Just read where the US and EU agreed to terms to relax more of the open skies agreement. Short article that stated a larger percentage of foreign ownership would be allowed, but the article didn't say by how much. Also said it all would have to be approved by congress.

You can always trust the media to give a variety of versions until the dust settles. This AP article says that the ownership restrictions weren't relaxed.

The new agreement contains no commitment to change existing statutes that limit foreign ownership in U.S. carriers and bar foreign control of U.S. carriers, DOT spokesman Bill Mosley said.

Article

Jim

The EU carriers want to be comming to America.

Kinda sound like the Neil Diamond sound AMERICA.

Bloodly well, I for Irish, gutabauin -german was not my stick, sorry for my german.

red rover red rover come on over. we all can have a good old time.

Who here believes that foreign ownership will fix this industry.

There has been no indication in the current US Congress that it would act to change the law that limits foreign ownership to 25 percent of voting stock in a US airline.
EU, US STRIKE NEW 'OPEN SKIES' DEAL
http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1269558531.html

The EU carriers want to be comming to America.

Kinda sound like the Neil Diamond sound AMERICA.

Bloodly well, I for Irish, gutabauin -german was not my stick, sorry for my german.

red rover red rover come on over. we all can have a good old time.
This the biggest market in the world for now. That why air travel is so important. New market will raise like in china and india because of their population.