USAIR Merger

DNTULSA

Senior
Sep 22, 2009
I wonder How Doug intends to pay the big money to all the AA employees. Is he going to cancel the orders for new airplanes and just keep flying the old ones? How long will he pay the big money? Eventually he has to buy new airplanes; how is he going to pay for them? ( You have three guesses; they include a big layoff, another bankrupcy, or a combination of the two.)

I hope the unions are just trying to get AA management to back down from some of their demands.

Merging with US Air is not a good deal for the employees.

I'm sure you will be better off on your own Mikey. Are your fellow FA's looking at a different playbook than you?

AA Logo.jpg

DNTULSA, Read the statements from the unions, every concern that you have brought up has been addressed.

I wonder How Doug intends to pay the big money to all the AA employees. Is he going to cancel the orders for new airplanes and just keep flying the old ones? How long will he pay the big money? Eventually he has to buy new airplanes; how is he going to pay for them? ( You have three guesses; they include a big layoff, another bankrupcy, or a combination of the two.)

I hope the unions are just trying to get AA management to back down from some of their demands.

Merging with US Air is not a good deal for the employees.

Don't forget......DP use to work for american...... i think he knows more than we do!

Don't forget......DP use to work for american...... i think he knows more than we do!
That's true; he did work for AA as a young MBA alongside Arpey and Horton. But those DUIs may have gotten in the way of career advancement at AA and off he went to NW after just five years at AA.

Reactions: 1 person
That's true; he did work for AA as a young MBA alongside Arpey and Horton. But those DUIs may have gotten in the way of career advancement at AA and off he went to NW after just five years at AA.

And i use to work for HA electric for 4 yrs and that was 35 yrs ago. But, i still know how to install Electrical to code !

I can't believe some of you koolaid drinkers actually think you'll be better off merged with US Airways. Let's come back and revisit this thread in 5 years and see what happened.

Reactions: 2 people

Your hatred of US Airways is blinding you to your current realities.

Doug's career path moves have always been to advance his career with increased responsibilities and compensation. He obviously has made some dumb personal decisions on several occasions to drive after drinking and has been caught and punished. Constantly bringing this up is a cheap shot and reveals more about you than it does Doug. I respect his business acumen, not as much his labor relations skills. I'm not a fan of US management.

He has offered AA labor an incredible chance to climb out of your current septic tank and do it smelling like a rose. You won't find another offer which guarantees so much job protection and no pay cuts. It's a big coup for AA labor which is right now in an absolute no-win position. For if you do not agree to AA gutting your contracts, I guarantee you that your contracts will be abrogated and you will all feel even more pain than you ever imagined. This is your reality. The AA you knew and may have loved died with the BK filing, never to return. The new AA will be meaner, leaner, and not at all what you are used to, regardless of who is running the company. It's time to stop pouting and get very serious about your collective futures.

Your posts are filled with venom and negativity to US, it seems you lack the ability to honestly assess your situation and the reasoning ability to recognize a great chance to protect the highest number of AA jobs.

Reactions: 1 person
Well said DILLIGAS ! We all have past ties to our airline roots no matter which one we came from.

BUT, reality is now !

I know several members of AA middle management that do NOT want this, knowing that US will probably be the prevailing carrier with the American staying in name and SABRE only, AA managers will be gone (which may be a good thing! I continue to hear the horror stories). Or may leave if the US management pay scale, which is 20-40% LESS is adopted. A CSM at AA makes over 55K average, the average of the US Airways Shift managers (CSM equivalent) is around 40K. The AA Level 5's make what..80K? some 90K? The US equivalent is around 60-75K topout. That may be how they'll pay those pilot contract promises...........

Do any of those managers expect to go thru BK and retain their 90k salary? Good luck on that one.........