USAirways has briefed AA creditors on takeover plans and they like what they hear .

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-23/us-airways-said-to-brief-amr-creditors-on-takeover-plan.html

Tom Hoban, a spokesman for the Allied Pilots Association, said that if the union couldn’t reach a consensual labor agreement with AMR as the carrier seeks to rework contracts, the group might be willing to work with new management brought in as the result of a merger.

Reactions: 1 person
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-23/us-airways-said-to-brief-amr-creditors-on-takeover-plan.html
Interesting puff article. Translation: AA unsecured creditors and the AA pilots are warming to the idea of something different than the current AA plan.

And since suave senior Doug learned from his mistakes with a heavyhanded approach with the failed Delta takeover, he now knows how to be sweet and cuddly with labor and creditors, making him irresistible at a time when AA is on the verge of baring their teeth and growling at labor and creditors. Ah, yes the creditors and labor are looking for a white knight, and Doug has the perfect experience to be a humble, rational, and appealing new manager.

It remains to be seen if anyone besides 320 and Bloomberg will sing the same song and make it a chorus.

P.S. Does TPG own Bloomberg?

Reactions: 2 people
It remains to be seen if anyone besides 320 and Bloomberg will sing the same song and make it a chorus.

Word is that thanks to USA320, the Andy Reitz for combined APA/USAPA President campaign is really taking off!

LOL!!

And this was unexpected? Go change your underwear.

C'mon, Parker has been saying for YEARS LCC needs to merge. So he sets the stage with his "safe" comment: "We really don't need to merge." just incase any deal falls through. He's been here before.

Since the day of AA's filing all of you have been chomping at the bit to see an offer: How much, when,!?!?!?

And now there's media talk of LCC approaching the UCC... <chuckle> This was unexpected?

Boy would I love to sit down and play Texas hold'em with some of you.

I was guessing the news would report this on the day AA filed its sec 1113c filing, not the day they said "we'll file it in the coming days."

A bit of leverage for labor 'eh?

Now geee... i wonder if we'll see an offer in the Billions in the future? Maybe some of you should start wearing Depends. :lol: :lol:

Want to bet we'll be hearing from the "Other interested" parties in the press before long? :D :D

Tom Hoban, a spokesman for the Allied Pilots Association, said that if the union couldn’t reach a consensual labor agreement with AMR as the carrier seeks to rework contracts, the group might be willing to work with new management brought in as the result of a merger.

:lol: :lol:

All DP needs is the AA Pilots and Creditors on board and then nothing else really matters.
How about a post merger mess? LOL! We'd have to start integrating the LCC pilots 4,000 numbers down the list. B)

I have yet to meet one AA pilot who thinks this is a good deal. Money matters. Especially post merger when the weak combination would have to make the money needed to garner the support needed to have Parker succeed.. Nobody ever addresses this...

How about a post merger mess? LOL! We'd have to start integrating the LCC pilots 4,000 numbers down the list. B)

I have yet to meet one AA pilot who thinks this is a good deal. Money matters. Especially post merger when the weak combination would have to make the money needed to garner the support needed to have Parker succeed.. Nobody ever addresses this...
Wow, you're acting like this will happen next week. Any transaction is way off in the future. Nothing's been made public yet, and maybe nothing will happen.

You can't seriously be implying that the APA would entertain the notion of working with Tempe.

Yes hard to do but not improbable and I am speaking only about getting to a merger not completing it or integration which are both separate issue as we all know.