Usairways History Info Needed

markkus757

Veteran
Jul 26, 2004
I need help with some information...

1) What was the official DATE in 1979 that Alleghany changed it's name to USAir.

2) What is/was the official DATE that Alleghany (the DH8 commuter version) was merged into Piedmont (the other DH8 commuter version)? And it the newly combined operator Piedmont or Alleghany (I think it's Piedmont but I fogot!)?

3) Any and all information about the mergers (who and dates) of several small US regional carriers - specifically Pennsylvania Commuter Airlines, Henson Aviation, and Alleghany (commuter).

4) Did Mohawk (the 1980/90's version) have any ties to USAir or was it just an independant that resurrected the name?

Thanks in adcance for any info!

Allegheny merged with the Piemont operation under the piedmont (old Henson) certificate on July 1 2004. The Pennsylvania airlines merger with Allegheny (old Suburban airlines, old Reading air service)on the Penn. certificate in the summer of 1992.

markkus757 said:
I need help with some information...

1) What was the official DATE in 1979 that Alleghany changed it's name to USAir.

2) What is/was the official DATE that Alleghany (the DH8 commuter version) was merged into Piedmont (the other DH8 commuter version)? And it the newly combined operator Piedmont or Alleghany (I think it's Piedmont but I fogot!)?

3) Any and all information about the mergers (who and dates) of several small US regional carriers - specifically Pennsylvania Commuter Airlines, Henson Aviation, and Alleghany (commuter).

4) Did Mohawk (the 1980/90's version) have any ties to USAir or was it just an independant that resurrected the name?

Thanks in adcance for any info!
[post="255720"][/post]​
1. 12:01 am october 28,1979

www.iflypsa.com and www.catchousmile.com are two wonderful PSA history sites. Check them out. You can even download some of those great PSA commercials from the 70s and 80s. I just flew with Miss San Diego from the PSA Beauty Pagent commerical from the mid 70s. LOL

markkus757 said:

I think this was just a resurrected name. My recollection is that they went by Catskill Airways prior to using Mohawk. For a very brief period they offered quite a bit of upstate NY air service.

Thank you to all, I knew I could count on you guys!

I found one other airline I need info on. I show Pocono Airlines as being an affiliate of TWA Express in 89/90, but I read in one of the website ya'll provided that they might have been afiliated with US somewhere along the line...

Latest posts