USAIRWAYS Pilots Strike !!!

U 737 PILOT

Feb 5, 2003
The line has been drawn and now is the time to take action ! The raping of our pension is the final straw. We must not let the robber barons get away with this final assault on our profession. Better to die on our feet with dignity than on our knees quivering and begging for mercy ! If they terminate our pension......... then WE STRIKE !!! It is as simple as that..... you... ROBBER BARONS !!!

Amazing how ALPA members have no problem telling other groups to take all the concessions the company wants us to take. But when it comes to ALPA the story line changes. Interesting. Well if you the ALPA group elects to walk guess we all will be equal....standing in line at the unemployment office. Amazing how certin groups thought it would either be CWA or the IAM to bring down the airline. Funny who it now appears to be. Like I have said before I understand what you all at ALPA are going through and it stinks. Been there and done that. But I give no sympathy. We got no support when we went through it in 1992, so I will give no support. I will leave you with a quote that I recieved from a pilot during 1992. "Remember what you are giving up is securing your future with the company". Guess that only applies to the other groups. This post is not ment to be offensive and if some of the ALPA members take offense to it, let me say I am sorry. All employee groups need to keep in mind there is a time and place for everything. We are at the place but the time is not right.

yes a line has been drawn and if you strike you live another day to collect your measly 28k pension and live like the rest of the world.
flyin crankshafts outa willow run for 15k /year...welcome to the jungle...

hey U 737.....your hilarious!...I havent seen a funny post put on here in quite some time....with all the pilots sitting home with no job, u go right ahead and strike....theyll have 4 to your 1 waiting in the wings to take over...where's ole Chip to defend the honor of this company and tell his fellow pilots that these cuts are needed so we can live on!....haha....u gave me somethin to smile about for a few mins......

U 737 PILOT says = "The line has been drawn and now is the time to take action ! The raping of our pension is the final straw. We must not let the robber barons get away with this final assault on our profession. Better to die on our feet with dignity than on our knees quivering and begging for mercy ! If they terminate our pension......... then WE STRIKE !!! It is as simple as that..... you... ROBBER BARONS !!!"

U 737 PILOT - I certainly hope you're not carrying your rage into the cockpit. Cos I don't want my family in the back of your 737 if, in your mind, you're leading the charge against Robber Barons. "If you're flyin' the Boeing, I ain't going'!".

And mrplanes, if you're listening, cockpit obsessions with slowdowns are just as dangerous.

Use your brains, and don't let your pocketbook guide all your decisions. Take the tough cuts and live to prosper another day.

There won't be a strike. Leaving the flight deck would be foolish. We don't need to leave the flight deck.

mr

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 12:36:42 AM MCORORES wrote:

Amazing how ALPA members have no problem telling other groups to take all the concessions the company wants us to take. But when it comes to ALPA the story line changes. Interesting. Well if you the ALPA group elects to walk guess we all will be equal....standing in line at the unemployment office. Amazing how certin groups thought it would either be CWA or the IAM to bring down the airline. Funny who it now appears to be. Like I have said before I understand what you all at ALPA are going through and it stinks. Been there and done that. But I give no sympathy. We got no support when we went through it in 1992, so I will give no support. I will leave you with a quote that I recieved from a pilot during 1992. "Remember what you are giving up is securing your future with the company". Guess that only applies to the other groups. This post is not ment to be offensive and if some of the ALPA members take offense to it, let me say I am sorry. All employee groups need to keep in mind there is a time and place for everything. We are at the place but the time is not right.
----------------
[/blockquote]
This rhetoric is like a broken record. The fact is the majority of agents did not think there was a need for a union and they got stung. It was YOUR fault not ALPA's or anyone elses. YOU trusted management and they stabbed you in the back. It is the same song different day with these posts. In 1992 blah, blah, blah... Chip said, "blah, blah, blah..." How does it feel now that your pension is being taken away?... blah, blah, blah.

I guess you haven't seen what the stock market is doing lately? I think that may have something to do with the pension funds. Its better to have a little bit of something than a whole lot of nothing. Just be happy that you still have a job.

autofixer...not blaming anyone for what happened to me in 1992. These are the facts period. We did get hosed in 1992 and yes it is our own fault. Just saying what ALPA is going through, I have been there and done that. Do find it amazing that how members of ALPA have no problem telling other groups what to accept during the 2 rounds of concession talks and when it comes to them it appears to be a horse of a different color. Yes it does stink in regards to their pension but some other groups already have gone through that and why should ALPA be any different? I just love the finger pointing that goes on anytime there is a "crisis". If we really want to place the blame on someone IMO it would be the 18 months when we had CEO and COB who where only interested in trying to put a dress on this company and sell it. 18 months of basically no managment running the airline so to speak. I have often wondered we had the 18 months returned to us and actually had the airline run like a company instead of a dying horse, how bad it would've been after 9/11. Yes it still would have been bad on the balance sheet, but not the mess that we have found ourselves in now. But that my friend is a topic for another post.

x300:

What are you talking about? I said nothing about anything other than we are not going to strike. It would most likely be illegal to stike anyhow. And even if it weren't, the CAL/Lorenzo fiasco showed us the foolishness of leaving the flight deck. We will get Dave to live up to his bargain. And we will not stop flying the jets in order to do so.

mr

Given U 237's level of thinking and decision making, if I found out he was in the cockpit on a flight I was about to take, I'd get off.

Anybody can come here and call themselves whatever they like. I don't believe for one second this idiot is a pilot for U.

A320 Driver

Accept NO cheap imitations!

Why not strike. From what I have seen so far, you all do not have that much more to lose.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 9:02:36 AM mrplanes wrote:

x300:

What are you talking about? I said nothing about anything other than we are not going to strike. It would most likely be illegal to stike anyhow. And even if it weren't, the CAL/Lorenzo fiasco showed us the foolishness of leaving the flight deck. We will get Dave to live up to his bargain. And we will not stop flying the jets in order to do so.

mr
----------------
[/blockquote]

It's refreshing to hear this from a member of ALPA on this board. You're not alone MrPlanes. I have several friends and family members at U and members of ALPA and while they are p#$$@d about the pension they all feel it won't come down to parking the planes. My brother told me yesterday with the news at AA it would be professional suicide to do that at this time.

MrA

good thing theres no guns in the cockpit..... sounds like somone wants to shoot themselves in the foot....