USAirways to let military board first

The reception on FlyerTalk is entirely positive also. Especially the part about boarding families/etc after FC and elites.

Jim

Reactions: 2 people
No kidding. Give them enough time and many will gripe about the soldiers going to the front of the line.

i'll gripe right now ... no WAY should the military be allowed to board before first class and familes , absoutely NOT .... Do we honor and respect our men and women in uniform , yes .... should we put them before the civilian population ? no way no how ...

I think this is a horrible move by US Airways ... :angry:

Reactions: 2 people
i'll gripe right now ... no WAY should the military be allowed to board before first class and familes , absoutely NOT .... Do we honor and respect our men and women in uniform , yes .... should we put them before the civilian population ? no way no how ...

Somewhere in America, a short bus is missing its window licker.

Reactions: 6 people

How long did you serve active duty in the military?

Reactions: 1 person

You are a piece of work.

Reactions: 3 people
you guys don't get it do you ... this isn't about respect for our hard serving men and women of our armed severices ...

this is about what is proper in CIVILIAN LIFE ...

while we can and should hold our serivce men and women in high esteem ... i feel that there must be clear lines .....i think that this crosses the line of decorum ...... the military should not be exhaulted above all else in our society ... sure we should strive to treat our soliders good ... but i don't think that they should board before our best paying customers or familes who need more time ...

How long did you serve active duty in the military?

i've never served in the militarty , althou i've had many friends who have ...

tell me , because i've never been in the military , does that mean my opinon doesn't count , or is somehow less?

perhaps i come from a time and a place where there was a blance between , respect for the military and out right alderation.... no one here has yet commented on my suggestion to have our first class passengers give up their seats so our uniformed soliders can sit in first class ? by the way , anyone who disagre's with that idea is not patrotic and doesn't love our soldiers ...

i felt that our company bent over backwards before this polilcy to help out our service people , and i thought that was great ... but in my view this is a bridge too far .. what's next , shall we allow our soldiers to disembark the A/C first ?

i'm a republican and i have ever respect for our military .... but i also respect our nation and what i guess used to be our way of life , a kind of decourm when it came to how we held the civilian and military world somewhat seperate ...

maybe i'm just old ... we will see how the new policy fares ...new era , new ways of living i guess ..

I was thinking of a different word than"work".

i am NOT attacking the military or our men and women ....

i am disagreeing with what i feel is a breach of CUSTOM , and if you can't see that , then YOU are the peice of work ...

i have EVERY respect for the men and women who put their lives on the line day in and day out to protect our country .....

EDIT: please note , i'm not saying that if there isn't an empty F/C seat we shouldn't give it to military personel , i think we should that's fine ... i think we should continue to wavie their baggage , and even allow one free bag if their traveling in uniform and not under orders .... we should not charge them if they need to change their flight schedule ... etc etc , there are lots of nice things we can do to let them know we care ...

i think that there are alot of things we can do for the men and women who serve our country in a way that isn't so up front and in your face , to what i feel has historically been the seperation between honoring our civilian way of life , and honoring our military way of life ... For instance , it would be fine to board uniformed military personel ahead of everyone else , on veterans day , or memorial day ...

i'm a nobody and i have no say in the matter , but i just wanted to speak up for the other side of american life , the other view of how our military should fit into our society ...

Don't mean to brag, but I believe my airline, AA, started the practice of allowing uniformed military to board with (not before) the F/C and frequent flyers. We've done it for several years, but even with us it was because of pressure from our frequent flyers!

We kept having F/C elites coming to the counter and asking the agent to give their seat to some soldier in uniform. (I work F/C most of the time, and I had some offer to swap seats with a military person after boarding or asking if the military person could move to F/C long enough to eat the offered meal.) From there, like Topsy, the practice "just growed." Now, it is official policy that uniformed military are always allowed to board early, and if there is a seat available, they are offered an upgrade to F/C. (You would be surprised how many refuse the upgrade. They don't want the extra attention drawn to them. Also, some of the younger ones appear to be afraid that they will do something "wrong" in F/C. They ask me if there is a charge for the meal.)