Useing Bk To Break Unions

Doc

Veteran
Jul 15, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I do believe it is illegal to use BK to break unions. But don’t get me wrong it doesn’t mean they can finagle their way into BK and then ask for concessions but they must prove they negotiated in good faith which I don’t think they can………..doesn’t mean a judge won’t do it though remember this government mentality is republican so we can bet that it is not in our favor. Our plight to protect the American worker….i.e vote no and die……..will go down as a shake out of the airline industry.

Republicans will amass great amount of cash on the backs of labor and say I am a self made the American way
And to be a republican you must have no conscience

Im not republican and i def will not defend them, howevr at this point and time, i believe however you spin it, this has to be done to survive. I dont like it , you dont like it, but i think its reality.

Republicans will amass great amount of cash on the backs of labor and say I am a self made the American way And to be a republican you must have no conscience

LOL.. Now It's the GOP fault that US Airways in Chap 11???? R.U. Insane?

Did you know Wolf was the biggest hippy liberal CEO besides maybe the jokers who own Ben & Jerry's?

Wolf and Livery boy ruined the freakin airline... Seigle Bronner and Lakefield just playing clean up...

Just go and blame Bush-everyone else does..

If YOU WANT TO point FINGERS-DIRECT IT our WORTHLESS SUITS!

I wouldn't say I was a republican, but I do have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Friends don't let friends drive drunk or vote for democrats"

That being said, I think that laying union busting at the GOP's door is not exactly accurate.

It's true that a lot of unions do throw a lot of money at the democrats....should business executives and fat cats take that to mean that if a democrat is elected, labor will take over, demand and get whatever it is they want, and the investment of the shareholders will mean nothing....it will all be spoils to be divvied up by the union bosses?

I didn't think so. Blaming the GOP for union busting in this instance makes at least as much sense.

Political parties don't have much stroke when it comes to courts....courts do prettmy much whatever they want in terms of legislating from the bench and politicians are basically powerless to stop it, much to a lot of folks' chagrin.

Courts have said you can have a Torah or a Crescent moon display in schools, but not a creche.

Courts have said your kid can't take an aspirin from the school nurse for a headache without permission from mom or dad, but it's okay for them to stop in at the local abortion-to-go place for a quick D&C on the way home from school.

Some courts do the right thing...interpret the laws fairly. Some courts decide to create new law where there was none.

Hopefully, the court holding the fate of USAirways in its hands will act responsibly.

ELP,

I will have to disagree, party affiliation does have a lot to with decisions that come down from the court.

As you know Federal Judges are appointed to life. They are nominated by the President in power, for example, Republican Presidents happen to nominate more conservitive Judges, while the Democratic Presidents appoint more middle of the road to liberal Judges.

The judges are then approved by the Senate.

If you look up history you will see the Republican judges usually rule towards the platform of the party and Democratic Judges do the same.

Now, Look at the Supreme Court Judge Scalia, Republican appointed, extreme conservitive, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Democrat appointed, more middle of the road.

The decisions are there for you to look at.

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
I wouldn't say I was a republican, but I do have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Friends don't let friends drive drunk or vote for democrats"

That being said, I think that laying union busting at the GOP's door is not exactly accurate.

It's true that a lot of unions do throw a lot of money at the democrats....should business executives and fat cats take that to mean that if a democrat is elected, labor will take over, demand and get whatever it is they want, and the investment of the shareholders will mean nothing....it will all be spoils to be divvied up by the union bosses?

[post="181128"][/post]​

Don't know about unions throwing support at only democrats....AFL-CIO endorsed Arlin Specter, Republican Senator of PA.

Someone in AFL-CIO must have missed their medication that day.

GeezLouis said:
So, does this mean Bill Clinton DID have a conscience??? :rolleyes:
[post="181143"][/post]​

Of course, but the problem is that his conscience is located in his brain. God only gave us men enough blood for either our brain or our sexual organs to function, but not both at the same time. :lol:

Like the mother told the little boy who asked if his "thingy" was his brain...

"Not yet, honey, but it will be."

Jim

700UW said:
ELP,

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Democrat appointed, more middle of the road.

[post="181135"][/post]​

Ruth Bader Ginsburg "middle of the road????" You must be kidding!!! She is so far to the left she's lost sight of the road!!!!

Waaaa! Its the eeeeevil Republicans.

Same old broken record. Maybe you all can get Dan Rather to fake a document for you! :D

Isn't Ruth Bader Ginsburg the Supreme Court Justice who used to play Gladys Ormphby opposite Artie Johnson on the old "Laugh In" TV show?

Frankly, as far as the Supreme Court is concerned, I am hoping after a Bush victory in about 6 weeks that he manages to appoint Diana Ross as the new Chief Justice.

I can't wait to hear the introduction for "Diana Ross and the Supremes Court".

Latest posts