VBR/SIS Crew Chief Seperation

macattack

Aug 24, 2008
Here at DFW, after the VBR were offered, crew chiefs were told that they would be kept on a seperate lists from clerks and in essence would not be allowed to avail themselves of the offer because the compnay did not want to lose their "expertise". The company referred to a 2004 letter to Gary Yingst that seperated work groups by classification. This offer is NOT an SIS, it is a VBR. Nothing in the 2004 letter makes any reference to a VBR. Now the company is saying that the VBR is an "extension" of the SIS. Bullcrap. I was taught in school to read the black on a page and leave the white alone. All that is happening is that the crew chiefs seniority is being ignored. Per Article 15 of the TWU contract it states in paragraph A that "all demotions and reductions in force of full time and part time employees for lack of work will be handled seperatly in accordance with seniority." Nowhere is there a seperation between crew chifs and clerks because we all are clerks. If a crew chief is sick or on vacation, the open slot is filled by a clerk D1 so at the end of the day a clerk is missing from the manning.
If a crew chief wants to retire, the company can do nothing to stop him. So it seems as if it is all about paying the money out that the company has offered and are now reneging on. Please, someone tell me how 30-45 years of seniorty can be passed ove and ignored. The international should be all over this because if a lawsuit eminates from it, the employees will win hands down. WE need to beseige the union hall and the international with hundreds of phone calls and letters until we can get this injustice rectified.

Edited by Moderator. Please do not quote entire posts when replying immediately below that post. It wastes disk space and bandwidth. Use the Add Reply button at the top or bottom of the page. Thank you.
You have a very valid point. But you forget we are dealing with the TWU. The company will interpret the contract as it pleases and the TWU will go along. There was a law suit a few years back involving some JFK mechanics and the TWU. The judge pretty much ruled that the contract was property of the TWU and it could do what ever it pleased with it. So, not to make light of the situation, but: "THEY CAN DO THAT, BROTHER! :down:

<_< ------ Which brings up another question. What about Inspectors? They're in a completely different Dept. But like the man said, they'll do whatever they want! ------- But why is it I feel there is more to what's going on than meets the eye? :huh:

<_< ------ Which brings up another question. What about Inspectors? They're in a completely different Dept. But like the man said, they'll do whatever they want! ------- But way is it I feel there is more to what's going on than meets the eye? :huh:
The only way to stop them from doing 'what they want' is to bury the locals and international with e-mails and phone calls. After all, at the local level, they politic for votes. Some of our local reps are quite insecure and this could scare them into some sort of action. The international needs to know just how displeased we are with their deals and decisions that affect our lives. I cannot recall them taking a pay cut, can you? We can even go to the extreme of picketing our own international. That would throw them for a loop! I wonder if they would cross our picket lines? That would be quite interesting!!

I can see an inspector being separate but not crew chief. Same branch for CC's...If that's what they want then separate crew chiefs and that also means separate CC seniority and vacation bidding.