VEOP

Duke787

Veteran
Feb 6, 2008
ord
I'm in tech ops, does anybody know how many mechanics are taking early out?

Talked with a FA, they know how many and from what base including the seniority number of the flight attendant taking early out is. I know there’s 27k FAs in one union, and there are roughly 12k AA mechs in two unions, the IAM and TWU. I don’t know the combined seniority list Or my seniority number but I do know how the union dues will be split up between the IAM and Twu. That they have figured out, and I have gotten an email about that from the association.

Why is early out info always such a big secret in tech ops?

Side question, why is tech ops combined seniority list not ready yet, i know there’s a crisis right now but making LAA and LUS one big combined airline has been 7 years in the making.

Last edited:
I'm in tech ops, does anybody know how many mechanics are taking early out?

Talked with a FA, they know how many and from what base including the seniority number of the flight attendant taking early out is. I know there’s 27k FAs in one union, and there are roughly 12k AA mechs in two unions, the IAM and TWU. I don’t know the combined seniority list Or my seniority number but I do know how the union dues will be split up between the IAM and Twu. That they have figured out, and I have gotten an email about that from the association.

Why is early out info always such a big secret in tech ops?

Side question, why is tech ops combined seniority list not ready yet, i know there’s a crisis right now but making LAA and LUS one big combined airline has been 7 years in the making.

And come Oct. they will need to use that said seniority list that no one can seem to find. Imagine that, right in the middle of a crisis where layoffs are being discussed and possible in Oct.
Buckle up boys, it's fixin to get into rough territory...

I guess it's a good thing they have 5 months to figure things out before the layoff notices and presumably bump & roll start kicking in....

Thanks guys. Shame you can’t get a current list- it’s easy enough to do.

@1AA– Removed from where? JetNet? I looked it up on the Ass site this morning before posting.

Thanks guys. Shame you can’t get a current list- it’s easy enough to do.

@1AA– Removed from where? JetNet? I looked it up on the Ass site this morning before posting.
I was referring to the list has grown from new hires and some were removed from retirements and other reasons. Got it?

Thanks guys. Shame you can’t get a current list- it’s easy enough to
It's not that easy. The IAM has multiple seniority dates that need to be blended with TWU seniority dates. TWU has the various TWA seniority dates to blend in. It's more of a big mess that really needs to be done carefully and methodically. Then reviews are done. Then more changes until it's correct. I'm sure once it's released many will still find errors.

It's not that easy. The IAM has multiple seniority dates that need to be blended with TWU seniority dates. TWU has the various TWA seniority dates to blend in. It's more of a big mess that really needs to be done carefully and methodically. Then reviews are done. Then more changes until it's correct. I'm sure once it's released many will still find errors.
Unless you were sleeping under a rock, or just not paying attention, the list was put out by "Jarvits"? spelling? And the time for corrections has long been past. I only can see them doing deletes from retirements, deaths and dismissals.

Unless you were sleeping under a rock, or just not paying attention, the list was put out by "Jarvits"? spelling? And the time for corrections has long been past. I only can see them doing deletes from retirements, deaths and dismissals.
That list is old. It needs to be updated. Then completed. Then proof read. Then corrected. Then whatever else needs to be done.
Word from my union is that the list from AA and TWU have been maintained but the integration is the long process. I don't see the rush. That's how mistakes are made.
Now I'll wake up from under my rock.

Ok, fair enough.

I’ll rephrase; it’s a simple thing to do, and something any union should have the resources to accomplish relatively quickly.

Even putting together a list with multiple dates for each employee is doable. I know the IAM can do this- we had those lists over 20 years ago. As a rep, I had one snail mailed to my house twice a year.

The recourse for an employee listed incorrectly is simpler still. It was that way 20 years ago, and the tools to aggregate data have only become more powerful/more accessible.