base breakdown is as follows:

BOS 7
CLT 63
DCA 24
LGA 7
PHL 95
PIT 41

Total 237"

the seniority distribution is expansive due, i suspect, to the base specific award structure?
all heck is going to break loose!!!

I wonder how many people put in for it though. I think they
needed 323 to take it or that seemed to be the number the company
was overstaffed with.

The 323 you speak of is the over subscribed number of the "original VFLR"; not the VFLR II.

The company was looking to offer 300 furlough for the VFLR II. It is undersubscribed by 63 (237 have awards).

Separate to the VFLR II, the company contractually owes AFA another VFLR of a min. of 323 from the original VFLR. Therefore there will be another offer in 2006 to a min. of 323. However, the Company may need more as a/c are still scheduled to return to the lessors by Feb. 2006.

PITbull said:
The 323 you speak of is the over subscribed number of the "original VFLR"; not the VFLR II.

The company was looking to offer 300 furlough for the VFLR II. It is undersubscribed by 63 (237 have awards).

Separate to the VFLR II, the company contractually owes AFA another VFLR of a min. of 323 from the original VFLR. Therefore there will be another offer in 2006 to a min. of 323. However, the Company may need more as a/c are still scheduled to return to the lessors by Feb. 2006.
[post="293473"][/post]​
none of that made any sense to me at all...nevertheless, can we anticipate involuntary furloughs?

Okay wait....I'm confused. I'm out on VF2 and just got a notice in the mail last month saying I had until September 3rd to send in my application either for the VFLR or the VSIP. Did I miss something (like, I don't know, a deadline??)

legacy-to-LCC said:
none of that made any sense to me at all...nevertheless, can we anticipate involuntary furloughs?
[post="293489"][/post]​

No Involuntary furloughs.

Stew,

If you are on a VF, you are not eligible for the VFLR. You can however extend your furlough (read the fine print) or take the VSIP which separates you from the company with term pass prviledges.

PITbull said:
No Involuntary furloughs.

Stew,

If you are on a VF, you are not eligible for the VFLR.  You can however extend your furlough (read the fine print) or take the VSIP which separates you from the company with term pass prviledges.
[post="293532"][/post]​

PITbull--

Hmm...the letter sent to me gives me 3 choices and I quote:

1) "Extend your voluntary furlough for an indefinite duration (i.e. until recalled) under the following terms:" yada, yada, yada.

Then it goes on to say that I'd get non-rev SA travel privileges, retention of longetvity for pay and vacation step increases through December 1, 2005 but no accrual of longevity beyond December 2.....and some other stuff.

2) "Accept the VSIP 2005 with limited SA travel priviliges."
3) "Return to work upon expiration of the current voluntary furlough."

Now it DOES say that I'm not eligible for the new VFLR for September, due to the fact that I would have had to be active on July 7 of this year and I was not. Is that what you're referring to? Nowhere does it say I can simply extend my VF as I've done in the past. The only "extension" I see offered to me is the one with Limited Recall.

Thanks!

StewGuy86 said:
PITbull--

1) "Extend your voluntary furlough for an indefinite duration (i.e. until recalled) under the following terms:" yada, yada, yada. 

Then it goes on to say that I'd get non-rev SA travel privileges, retention of longetvity for pay and vacation step increases through December 1, 2005 but no accrual of longevity beyond December 2.....and some other stuff.

2) "Accept the VSIP 2005 with limited SA travel priviliges."
3) "Return to work upon expiration of the current voluntary furlough."

Now it DOES say that I'm not eligible for the new VFLR for September, due to the fact that I would have had to be active on July 7 of this year and I was not.  Is that what you're referring to?  Nowhere does it say I can simply extend my VF as I've done in the past.  The only "extension" I see offered to me is the one with Limited Recall.

Thanks!
[post="293540"][/post]​

Stew,

I'm not sure if we are reading from the same page. The VF ONLY offers extension of the furlough with limited recall (which is NOT the VFLR), VSIP, or return.

Unless you were active on the property July 7, 2005 OR Dec. 1, 2004, you won't ever be eligible, even if you returned in Dec. Only way you could be eligible under these scenerios is if the company decides to change our contract with MEC approval to allow for ALL f/as on the property to be offered a VFLR.

If you have some confustion on this issue, I susggest you call you LEC.

StewGuy86 said:

[post="293540"][/post]​

Stew,

From what I understand, there will be no more extensions of VF's in scheduled amounts (6, 12, 18 months etc.) and no more new VF's with a scheduled return date.

The only extension you can now have is the one that you referred to and since that recall will follow the return of all the INVOL folks (present and future), chances are, you will not be called back until the A350's (year 2011 or later) arrive or if some miraculous growth in aircraft count occurs before then.

Trip

Just think, if they weren't about to let every and anybody fly the 170/190s instead of US everyone would have a job. There's your "miraculous growth in aircraft count" right there, it will just no longer be US employees working on them.

A350's. What's to stop them making that a seperate division too and then selling the planes to an contractor to operate.

Trip is right on this one. They are not offering anymore VF's( like they have been for some years now). My buddy's wife got her letter and it pretty much said she had to comeback in Dec, or if she chose to stay out, she could only be recalled by the company at a lower seniority. She could also take the VSIP, which really only gave her flight benefits. Not really any good choices there. Also, the original VFLR got 852 applications, company only accepted 500. That left 352 to be offered before Dec Of 2006. This new VFLR(VFLR II) was for 300 more F/A's. This was totally separate from the 352 that the company has to offer next year. Alot of the F/A's who got Dec 05 as their separation date were pissed off because they knew that junior F/A's would hold the Sept 2 VFLR II. They wanted to rebid it, saying that this broke seniority. Now that's funny.

N109UW said:
for some years now). ....My buddy's wife got her letter and it pretty much said she had to comeback in Dec, or if she chose to stay out, she could only be recalled by the company at a lower seniority.
[post="294281"][/post]​

She would not come back at a lower seniority. She doesn't lose what she earned. She only loses seniority if she took the VFLRI or VFLRII.

Is it possible that she has to return because she exhausted the amount of extensions that were offered? I have not kept up on the V-leaves, just been paying attention to the VFLR I and II. These programs have different rules than a V-Leave.