Virgin and United settle into gates at DAL

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Here some more info of the gates at LF.  Virgin and United are settling nicely.  No mention where Delta will fall.  They didn't show any gates with the Delta logos.  Maybe Delta will be sharing a gate like I said from the get go???   Towards the end they do mention Delta with United and the other regional airline.  Sounds to me Delta as Express Jet for United as well as Delta and the regional airline, SeaPort Airlines will share a gate.

While Southwest Airlines has been operating out of the new facility since April 2013, other flights – by ExpressJet on behalf of United Airlines and Delta Airlines and by SeaPort Airlines – are still flown out of the old Terminal 1.

Virgin America, United Airlines gates are ready (pretty much) at Dallas Love Field

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
Kev, Hey thx for the probs.  I just read it myself from an E-mail.  WT will be very disappointed.  But will he admit he was wrong?  Never I say.  Here's the article I received, if it's the same I apologize in advance...

City puts the brakes on Delta at Dallas Love Field

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
Let the fare wars begin.  Will be very interesting how low or what products will be offered this time around.  I still remember the bottle of whiskey with full fare of $26 or $13 without...

Expect a Fare War Now That Southwest Can Spread the LUV

Let the Celebrations begin! :D

"It will be a big bang. You’ll have more seats offered to 15 more destinations initially – at least so far – next year. And that is a big deal.
Average fares are definitely going to come down because you’re going to have more capacity available to really important destinations
around the United States".

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2014/10/ceo-gary-kelly-opening-up-love-field-will-be-a-big-bang-for-southwest-airlines.html/

Kev, Hey thx for the probs.  I just read it myself from an E-mail.  WT will be very disappointed.  But will he admit he was wrong?  Never I say.  Here's the article I received, if it's the same I apologize in advance...

WT is actually thrilled that you are eating crow because DL will be at DAL, exactly as I said they would be.

No doubt, DL's invincible lawyers will get a court order that evicts everyone from DAL except DL.  I guess WN will have to start using DFW.  Oh well.
no, you don't get that DL is more than capable of COMPETING with anyone that comes along and doesn't need to clear everyone out in order to succeed.

It says far more about AA and WN that they both felt such a need to try to keep DL out of DAL; it is a tribute to DL's commitment to open markets that they will be the force that ensures that DAL remains an airport that has the greatest potential to serve the largest customer base possible.

WorldTraveler said:

WT is actually thrilled that you are eating crow because DL will be at DAL, exactly as I said they would be.

no, you don't get that DL is more than capable of COMPETING with anyone that comes along and doesn't need to clear everyone out in order to succeed.

It says far more about AA and WN that they both felt such a need to try to keep DL out of DAL; it is a tribute to DL's commitment to open markets that they will be the force that ensures that DAL remains an airport that has the greatest potential to serve the largest customer base possible.
This is already discussed in another thread.  And NO you can't as explained to you earlier, it is only a TEMP fix for now...

Here's some more great articles as we approach the marvelous date of the W/A being history...

Southwest Airlines: THE Low-Cost Airline
I know we all already know this, but interesting comparos.

Southwest poised will increase flights in Dallas
Hopefully increased flights = lower fares and increased passengers which = Southwest Effect still works.

Southwest looks for spark from expansion in Dallas
WoW!  Over 43 years old and we finally get to offer long distance flights from LF.  Thought it would never come...

This is already discussed in another thread.  And NO you can't as explained to you earlier, it is only a TEMP fix for now...
and yet you can't explain why WN provided access to DL for ANY period of time if it had the right to say NO.

WN is not charitable.

DAL expected UA to accommodate DL. UA said no. WN knows there is huge risk if DL pushes the case.

WN is buying time and putting pressure on DAL to fix the problem which they failed to address with the leases; federal law regarding airport ACCESS is NOT trumped by the DAL gate leases.

If it were, WN would have said NO a long time ago and not budged.

WorldTraveler said:
and yet you can't explain why WN provided access to DL for ANY period of time if it had the right to say NO.

WN is not charitable.

DAL expected UA to accommodate DL. UA said no. WN knows there is huge risk if DL pushes the case.
What huge risk would that be?

WorldTraveler said:
WN is buying time and putting pressure on DAL to fix the problem which they failed to address with the leases; federal law regarding airport ACCESS is NOT trumped by the DAL gate leases.
Uh, no, the specific federal law (the Wright Amendment Reform Act) does in fact trump the general federal laws on accommodating new entrants. The WARA merely requires that DAL honor the scarce resource provisions of the gate leases. Nothing more.

and if WN was convinced they were in as firm of a place as you say, they would not have offered DL ANY space at ANY time.

The risk is that the courts and Congress realize how anti-competitive the WA and the 5 party agreement is and how it is completely contrary to US antitrust law and US airport access laws... and the whole thing is overturned.

You bet your bottom dollar that WN is scared to death that is where this case could end up.

Oh yea, SWA is just shaking in their boots.  Give it a rest until something is reported "BEYOND" the Jan 6th, 2015 date.  You still have no clue what will happen.  But it is hilarious to sit here and watch you do what you always do, clueless as usual...

Reactions: 3 people
Southwest Airlines Celebrates Love Field's Freedom To Fly
Notice the 1-6-15 flights start with more being added thru-out 2015.  This is why SWA will no longer be able to accommodate Delta after this date.

Southwest Airlines gets a boost from expiration of Wright Amendment
Take note that all the other airlines are "matching" SWA's lower fares, even AA all the way over (8 miles away) at DFW.  Just goes to show you that SWA is the lowest fare carrier.  Everyone has to lower their fares in order to match SWA's, even Delta will.  And WT take note of this quote;  "United Airlines    owns the remaining two gates at Love Field but it may sublease them to another carrier since most United flights pass through Houston Intercontinental. Southwest wants one of the United gates and Delta would like the other, but the final disposition remains undecided."

Southwest Airlines: THE Low-Cost Airline

Reactions: 1 person
It won't be overturned. It's not unconstitutional, and congress won't agree on anything, so I see it staying in place no matter how much DL stomps their feet and threatens to take their ball home.

Reactions: 7 people

Latest posts